Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Fallout 76 servers open a day early

Bethesda opened the servers already but I'm told i can't get my in store pickup i preordered until tonight? How is this fair that the game is out and best buy customers still have to wait?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fallout 76 servers open a day early

Just because the servers are opened does not mean everyone but us has the game.

According to what I have read even if the servers are opend up the game will not be playable until 12am EST

So even if I pick it up tonight at 8:30 CST I still won't be able to play it for another 2.5 hours.  

Early pick up at least allows you to load the game before it goes live.  

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

But people are playing, it's all over reddit and two friends of mine who bought through Bethesda confirmed it as well. According to my local best buy they won't even let me leave the store with it until 12am est so i can't even pre load it.
Trusted Contributor

Well that is unethical of Bethesda to do that. 

It is not Best Buy keeping you from getting the game from them. It is Bethesda. 

But at least your getting the $10 reward and your friends are not. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

If Bethesda released the game a day early then why can't best buy give me my copy? They physically have it, the game is open to play, best buy has my card info to charge me. It is best buy keeping me from playing the game if they have my key to access it.

Best Buy cannot sell a game before release day. I work at a different retail store and if we try to ring up a game or item before release day we get a pop up on the screen that the item cannot be sold. And even if we did manage to bypass it the store can be penalized and employee terminated.

You can't blame best buy, blame Bethesda.

Just got confirmation from the game stop across the street, they are handing out thier pre orders now. This is a best buy issue.

You should be able to pickup at 8pm local time Nov 13th (today). It's listed on Best Buy's event page.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/best-buy-gaming-events/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100...

Why should i have to wait until 8pm when non best buy customers have it now?

According to GameStop's official Twitter page, Bethesda has not only opened the game's servers early, but allowed them to sell it several hours in advance. Either Best Buy hasn't been given the okay to sell yet, or they're determined to make their pre-launch event a success. 

Personally, I'm just going to wait it out and hope for the best. Yeah, it'd be great to play it early and it ticks me off to see some friends playing it already, but that Steelbook. I'm not giving up that Steelbook! The $10 reward certificate is nice too.