Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition Bag (false advertisement)

The picture and the description on Best Buys website for the Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition shows that the bag included is Canvas. It is not, it is thin nylon and considerably cheaper. This is not the item that was advertised!

Re: Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition Bag (false advertisement)

I'm also angry about false advertising and getting a product that was not as described. I even took a picture to show how it's different than the described one and left a review reflecting that on the item page (1 star out of 5 because that's what false advertising is worth). This is not a "Canvas Bag" it is a Nylon Bag which is shown and described on the product's page.

Nylon bag

So Best Buy in this case only offered me a 10% reduction in the cost (which I was told was my only option). Sadly even one piece of this being the wrong negates what was advertised as a whole product. This should in theory constitute a larger refund than 10%. We are looking for help Best Buy! Also plenty of us can’t return this item as we have used codes and played the game as well so we are stuck with a partial fix that we find out after the fact will not be rectified by the manufacturer at all.

Took a 30 minute call and Best Buy credited the 10%. I don’t feel like Best Buy has done anything wrong per se I just think retailers need to be more careful with products like these and hold the companies accountable! The false advertisement is really what gets it for me too on this one.
Trusted Contributor

You peple need to complain to Bethesda.  Best Buy did not create the photos used in the advertisment.  Bethesda did.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Like I linked to, Bethesda already made a comment that sounds like they're fine with it, ("We hope this doesn’t prevent anyone from enjoying what we feel is one of our best collector’s editions.")

In the end though I bought it from this site, using the description posted on this site, and made my payment to this store. Best Buy needs to put pressure on Bethesda for supplying them with item that don't match description. Otherwise I may have to dispute my payment on this item because it wasn't as described or advertised.

We are complaining to Bethesda, but they aren't the ones that have our money at the moment.  We return to Best Buy and Best Buy goes after Bethesda. That is how retail works.  Best Buy can choose to no longer do business with Bethesda as a result of this, but they are still the ones on my credit card statement.  If I call Mastercard they aren't taking the money from Bethesda it will come from Best Buy.  If I had to take someone to small claims court then that is when I would get Bethesda involved.

Trusted Contributor

Still a Bethesda Issue.no matter how you spin it or stomp the feet.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Trusted Contributor

I used to own a small online business. You dont need to threaten about a chargeback (thats what it's called) and you will not get anywhere other than a mark on your credit report for filing a false chargeback.

We literally both agreed with you that it's Bethesda's fault.  It is their issue but Best Buy has our money and we would like to do this the right way instead of just ripping our money back from BestBuy's hands via charge back.