Add Product

Search Results:

Gamers Club Unlocked ending!?!

Is this going to be replaced with something? This is the biggest reason I shop at Best Buy.
Trusted Member

Re: Gamers Club Unlocked being discontinued

Welp, I am done with BB then. Back to Amazon I guess...

I purchase other items from BB (not just games).  I agree that Amazon will be the best avenue for new games.  Aside from that I'll continue to purchase other items from BB.  It was a great service while it lasted.  Honestly, it's a sign of the times and it appears BB is struggling just like Gamestop.

I spent my entire life saving at Best Buy but now that GCU is gone I will never shop there again. And I make over $500,000 per year and won the lottery so Best Buy will be really regretting losing my patronage. 

LMAO

So you have THAT kind of money and you are going to boycott Best Buy because you can no longer save 20% on games?    If I were in your shoes, I'd be even less upset than I am now (and I'm not quite as upset as most posting here as it is). 

Recognized Member

Re: Gamers Club Unlocked ending!?!

It was ended yesterday.  You cannot buy or renew the membership.  If your membership hasn't expired yet, you can continue to benefit the 20% off until it expires.

ck0
Valued Member

Best Buy doesn't care about your threats of not shopping there anymore. They not only expected this backlash, but they also don't care -- because they never made any money from those game sales. It's funny to see these posts of people crying about not shopping at Best Buy anymore; like that is going to persuade them to change their minds.
Speak with your wallet and in a few years maybe they will realize they lost something. Then maybe they'll reconsider. Until the CEO Hubert Joly actually sees a dent in his profits (not just bluffs), nothing will change. But for now, your cries fall on deaf ears.

For those saying Best Buy did not make money off of GCU, sure, they didn’t make money directly off of games, they made money off of it as a loss leader. This is why any store has really good sales.

Give customers something that you make nothing on and hope they buy more when they come in to buy it. If not, just the goodwill will make them think of your store the next time they make a purchase like a TV or appliance where much bigger money is to be had. It’s a simple concept in retail.

@awp69 wrote:
For those saying Best Buy did not make money off of GCU, sure, they didn’t make money directly off of games, they made money off of it as a loss leader. This is why any store has really good sales.

Give customers something that you make nothing on and hope they buy more when they come in to buy it. If not, just the goodwill will make them think of your store the next time they make a purchase like a TV or appliance where much bigger money is to be had. It’s a simple concept in retail.

That certainly held true for me. I bought an overpriced iPhone X, a laptop, and a 4K TV at Best Buy in the space of about three months in order to use my My Best Buy membership, thanks to GCU inspiring me to shop there more often.

Re: Gamers Club prices not showing in app or on site

Same, was curious what was happening.