Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Gamers Club Unlocked being discontinued

I agree with some of your comments. I believe people are venting frustration as i know i was yesterday because of what happened. Im sure any decent human being does not wish harm to any Best Buy employee or their financial situation. Nobody was being that direct. Youre asking for a courtesy to Best Buy, that they really didnt show any of their customers, or employee really when they dumped a well received program and didnt bother to tell anyone about it. They could have made an announcement ahead of time, which would have softened the blow of all this. They could have requested feedback, maybe teased at a new, better program they are working on. People seem to think they took the shady route by removing it under the radar so people couldnt renew their program or open up a new account for the first time.

Im sure its their right to do whatever they want with this program, I just imagined with how well it was received over the years, they could have adjusted it to keep their loyal customers happy while also increasing their profit if the program wasnt sustainable as is. At the end of the day, Im just really surprised a big company like this has had such poor communication about the whole situation.

Finding out the news through heresay and internet headlines really bothered me, and i cant imagine how much worse it was for the people who were trying to renew their program online or in-store and their purchases were rejected while support and in-store employee werent even informed as to why.

Oh I agree those comments about people within the company that have nothing to do with is absolutely wrong and they should be banned from these forms and they shouldn't wish for anyone to lose their job or a company to go bankrupt all that I was saying is that people have a concept of what's going on of how a corporate company deciding to do things because they finally decided as a business after over 4 years or more that this is a bad company move what does that say about them I hope they succeed as a company and cater to the customer because that's the revenue

comment above meant for you H2h81

Yeah that's definitely messy way of going about closing something and unprofessional and hey it still not announced officially just to employees in corporate

My dad and I use the GCU regularly, around 4-5k a year for our company we run (video game news publisher). We've already renewed our Amazon Prime and our GameStop Elite with a Pro upgrade. GCU was the ONLY reason we actually went to Best Buy. Looks like after our date ends on Sept. 13th, 2018, we will be going to Amazon.

@Multicron How do you know that GCU members will keep their benefits until their memberships expire? The only thing I've seen thus far is a Best Buy person on Twitter say that "At this time," current members will still keep their benefits. But "at this time" is not good enough for me. Especially with how badly the higher-ups botched the removal of GCU, I wouldn't put it beyond them to unveil some new program in July or something and kill our benefits immediately when the new program comes out.

I also do not appreciate my post requesting further customer service being moved to the complaints box. Amidst the 20 some complainers all using the same "I'm going to Amazon" threat, I actually want a refund, which is different from everyone else. Oh well, guess I have to call customer service.
Trusted Member

Nothing to see here, just Best Buy reminding everyone that they’re constantly looking for new ways to wrong their customers. 

I’ve been Reward Zone/Elite Plus for over a decade, so I buy everything at Best Buy. But I know several anti-Best Buy people who put aside their disdain and started buying ALL their games there - ONLY because of GCU . This is a terrible move and Best Buy will absolutely lose customers over it. 

I wanted to renew it since the semester ended and I wanted to catch up on all the games, movies and stuff I missed during the last quarter.

Guess Amazon really is taking over the world since I no longer have a reason to shop at Best Buy lol

Just posting to say i will likely discontinue shopping at best buy if they discontinue this club and benefits, which is too bad because i've spent a lot of time and money shopping at best buy as an alternative to gamestop and amazon.  Poorly communicated plan and poor execution to take away a benefit like this without a clear replacement or improvement in the program.  

I don't know what sparked this but you have effectively eliminated the main reason I chose to shop here over Amazon. Good going.