Add Product

Search Results:

Re: No reason to shop at Best Buy anymore

Indeed. I bought a $4300 70" TV from best buy because I saved $12 from GCU one time. But no more best buy!

Re: Time to shop at Amazon/Gamestop!

Yeah I can't save a little bit of money on video games either so I hope everyone that works at Best Buy dies too!

Re: Time to shop at Amazon/Gamestop!

Good.  More for me on Black Friday.

Re: No more gamers club. Going to gamestop

Not that it changes much, but this was a surprise to employees at stores today too. There was no advance notice. Most stores didn't even take down their advertising for GCU until a customer tried to buy it and was rejected by the register.

Trusted Member

Re: GCU is being discontinued?

@TonyT1 wrote:

I remember their previous programs and i feel like they really hit home with this one. If they were losing out on too much money, i feel like an increase to 40 or 50 dollars would still be reasonable to alot of people. Maybe make it a yearly membership or something. I can think of quite a few options, that dont involve dumping the entire program and losing a whole bunch of customers.

It WAS a yearly subscription at one point. Then they went to two years for $100 and many, many people like myself just chuckled at the gouged price.

At least if they still did trade in promotions and didn't make Gamestop look generous by comparison by having trade in values that are at rock bottom from when they're first posted I'd still be buying and trading to them. But no way am I going to buy a game for $50 and trade it in for $24 AFTER a promotion. 

Gamer's Club being discontinued?

[ Edited ]

According to a recent article I read it says that Best Buy is no longer doing the best buy gamer's club program.

{removed per forum guidelines}

Is this true? 

GCU refund

With the recent news that GCU is over, I would appreciate a refund of $30 for my GCU membership to my PayPal that I used in my order. I bought my GCU online, so I have my order number and other info if it is needed.

I bought my GCU on Dec 23, 2017, and it was set to expire on Dec 2019. So I have only used 5 months out of the 2 years I paid for. With that said, I do not think my refund request is unreasonable.

Thank you for your time,
Andrew

Re: Gamer's Club being discontinued?

Yes its true, they will honor any time you have left on your current GCU membership but there will be no renewing or purchasing GCU for new members. They basically want you to give your business to someone else.

Re: Gamer's Club being discontinued?

I will just wait until a BB admin comfirms this. 

Re: GCU is being discontinued?

Also here to voice my opinion.  I've had GCU since its inception, and I have been buying my games exclusively from BB ever since.  Before GCU, however, I never shopped at BB; I had no reason to.  GCU has literally (actually "literally", not "figuratively") been the only reason for me shopping at BB.  I have greatly enjoyed the benefits of GCU and MyBB, but without GCU (or an equivalent program), I have zero qualms about taking my business elsewhere, spefically Amazon since they're still (for now...) offering their 20% game discounts.

Hopefully there is a replacement program coming, but the fact that they disabled the ability to purchase GCU without publicly saying anything before hand does not fill me with confidence.