Add Product

Search Results:

Recognized Member

Disappointed that GCU is gone.

Please add me to the list of people dissatisfied/disappointed with the decision to end GCU.  While I completely understand that it probably wasn't profitable taking 20% off of new games, I really enjoyed that discount.  For the record, I never bought more than a single copy of a game, and I used it on 3-4 games per year.  

Also, I'm a little surprised and disappointed that the $10 reward certificate on pre-orders wasn't on Red Dead Redemption 2.

Re: Disappointed that GCU is gone.

@Fizziii wrote:

Please add me to the list of people dissatisfied/disappointed with the decision to end GCU.  While I completely understand that it probably wasn't profitable taking 20% off of new games, I really enjoyed that discount.  For the record, I never bought more than a single copy of a game, and I used it on 3-4 games per year.  

Also, I'm a little surprised and disappointed that the $10 reward certificate on pre-orders wasn't on Red Dead Redemption 2.

Why would you be surprised? The game doesn't need any sort of sale or promotion to sell.

I'm also disappointed. I'm been raving about it being the best value in buying new video games on various message boards for the better part of the last 5 years or so. As for RDR2, that was weird considering that they have that preorder bonus on pretty much all the other big releases coming up including COD: Black Ops 4 which will sell very similar to RDR2. 

Trusted Member

Well, you should be surprised. Gamestop is giving $10 in rewards.

How?

Im disappointed its gone too.  I buy a lot of games so it always seemed kind of too good to be true, I figured they would kill it at some point.  It actually lasted longer than I would have thought it would.

On the bright side though, it stops me from feeling compelled to buy all my games from Best Buy.  I live a LOT closer to other places than I do Best Buy.

Highlighted

I really think this is going to bite Best Buy HARD.  Normally when i would go and either reserve or pick up a game... i would buy or at least look at DVD's or other games on sale.  So the money they lose on games they would more than make up for in other sales once people are inside the store.  I doubt they will realize what a bad idea this was until enough people lose their GCU.  Mine elapsed yesterday.

Because of GCU i only shopped at Best Buy.  I used to work for Gamestop about 18 years back... and they've pretty much screwed over everyone i knew who worked for them... so making the choice to stop purchasing from them was easy.  From there one of my friends who was a manager at GS went to Best Buy... so i took my business there.  The expiration of GCU has given me options.  I live near the biggest mall in the US, as well as the Best Buy and Walmart and Target (great area for shopping, but sucks for holiday traffic), and now i can order from Amazon also... or who ever can give me some $ off.

I suspect that once this hits best buy's financials... someone's getting demoted or fired.