09-23-2020 02:21 PM
Long-time BestBuy shopper and Elite Plus for nearly a decade with generally great experiences shopping BestBuy or interacting with Customer Service, but my recent interactions tracking down missing Card Member Incentives have not been positive and I still haven't been in contact with someone that can make my situation right.
Here's a summary:
1) I received the 7/31/2020 Card Member incentive for $50 Reward Cert for $200 spend.
2) I ordered a $200 Gift Card online on 7/31/2020 in accordance with all of the promo fine print.
3) I received the Gift card and waited for the $50 reward to post, it did not within the 3-4 week period so I called last week.
4) A Rewards rep said they could verify the purchase and the offer and would put a ticket in to have the points added within 3-5 days.
5) 3-5 days have passed, and no certificate while a promo that ran later posted so I called again today.
6) Rep did not seem to have my correct information numerous times, including nickname instead of actual name for my phone number, and also saying my latest purchase was 3 weeks prior to the date in question 7/31. That clearly wasn't the case since I purchased numerous items since 7/31.
7) After giving the rep the online order number, he was able to verify the transaction, however, he says the order did not ship until 8/3 so that's why the promo didn't kick in.
8) I explained to the rep that is not my issue, the promo states the date of purchase in-store or on-line needs to be made on 7/31 which is when I placed the order and that clearly shows up on my account.
9) I then asked if the rep could even make this change and they said they could not, so I asked him to escalate to a supervisor.
10) He then said he would not be able to put me in touch with a supervisor right away that it would be within the next 72 hours!!!
My main concern is obviously to get the $50 reward cert, but also I can't return the gift card at this point.
My second concern is that in the past, when calling the Elite Plus line, I was able to speak with escalated reps who could actual make decisions and changes in a single phone call without having to call back.
In the past I've reached out here since the reps here seem to have the abilities to affect a change quickly. Is that still the case? Is there someone here who can make this right? I'm happy to forward emails/screenshots via PM, I'm just tired of calling multiple times for the same issue and then speaking to someone who can't even make the changes themselves.
09-25-2020 11:43 AM
Good afternoon, Jerry,
Welcome back to our community forums. I appreciate you taking the time to visit us and letting us know about your recent experience getting help with this promotion. Getting a $50 certificate is a great deal so I can certainly understand wanting to make sure you get this.
Typically, bonus points or certificates will post to your account within four weeks of making a qualifying purchase. Since it's passed this time frame, I would be glad to see how I may be able to help. I'd like to begin by reviewing your previous case history and will need a few more details to do so. Can you please send me a private message that includes your:
You can send me a private message by clicking the blue button at the bottom of this post. I look forward to hearing back from you.