10-03-2020 01:08 PM
I purchased a refrigerator two weeks ago, and signed up for Best Buy credit card. I selected to get the 10% back, and the receipt shows "Rewards(Standard Credit)". When I check my Reward History, I only see a partial points. The overall price of refrigerator and warranty was over $2,500, so I should be getting at least $250 rewards or 625,000 points. Is this not correct? Thank you for your help.
10-04-2020 04:27 PM
The 10% back offer is awarded in the form of points, which may then be automatically converted into certificates depending on your certificate preference. I'm glad to hear your points have posted, and just a slight correction, $250 in certificates would equal out to 12,500 points rather than over 600,000 points. If you have any other questions about the 10% back offer or your rewards account in-general, then please feel free to send me a private message and I"ll see what I can do to further assist.
10-05-2020 02:16 PM
Hello. Thank you for your reply. I have another issue regarding rewards. When I signed up for Best Buy credit card, I was informed that the 10% back offer was in addition to the my best buy reward program. When I checked my reward history, I was awarded over 7,500 points for my purchase, but those points got lost as when I got the certificate was issued. The issued points from purchase should have remained since it was part of regular purchase, and not credit card promotion.
10-05-2020 03:22 PM
Let's see if I can help breakdown just how the 10% back offer is awarded. First, members can receive 5% back in points when using their My Best Buy credit card with standard financing. That applies to eligible purchases on a daily basis. Second, the 10% back offer would result in a bonus 5% back on top of the everyday 5% back for a grand total of 10%. As mentioned in before, that offer is awarded in the form of points, which would then be converted into certificates. The points will be deducted or subtracted from your rewards account to create the certificate, so in your rewards history you will see a minus.
For example, let's say you were awarded 1,000 points and they were converted into a $20 certificate. You would see -1000 displayed in your rewards history, which just means those points were deducted to create the certificate. Again, feel free to send me a private message if you believe points are missing or if you have any other questions about the 10% back offer, and I'll see what I can do to further assist. A private message can be sent by clicking on the blue button in my signature that just so happens to be labeled "Private Message."