Add Product

Search Results:

URGENT FORMAL MEDIA COMPLAINT

I NEED TO SUBMIT A FORMAL COMPLAINT 

Re: URGENT FORMAL MEDIA COMPLAINT

I am the Executive Director of White Family Group Home, a non-profit residential care facility for children with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We provide 24/7 care for our residents which include room and board. In providing a home for our residents we feed them and require a properly operating refrigerator.
On July 9th 2019 at about 8:55 am we were excited to receive delivery of the new refrigerator we ordered. Our residents assisted us in removing all the food and were excited for the opportunity to see the install and help replace the food. To the dissatisfaction of staff, the residents, and myself we encountered a huge issue with delivery.
The delivery man/installer arrived and notified the staff member that he could not install the refrigerator due to the water/ice dispenser supply line not having a shut-off built into the wall. He stated that he could no go under the sink to turn off the water. At the point staff contacted me via phone to remediate the situation. I informed the delivery man that we had just had a delivery attempt about a year ago and the configuration was no different. During that delivery, they disconnected the supply line and moved the refrigerator, however the new fridge was too large to be installed. (We opted to repair the existing one and purchase a new one later i.e. this current purchase). The delivery man/installer informed me that policy has changed and that I would need to speak with dispatch because he could not make the delivery unless the line was disconnected.
I immediately contacted a nearby family member (it was approx. 9:07) to come and disconnect the water line in accordance to the delivery man/installers requirements. The delivery man/installer then stated that he cannot wait and will document that the delivery was refused. I explained that my family member would be there in a matter of 5 minutes and the delivery man/installer agreed to wait 5 minutes. He then placed dispatch on speaker phone while I was on speaker phone and the dispatch personnel proceeded to tell me that I “should have read the fine print” which states that there need to be a direct water supply line with a dedicated shut-off valve. I explained that I did not receive an email stating that nor was it indicated in the text notifications. She then explained that they couldjust do a drop or list it as refused. I then explained while we were speaking that they could be bringing the new fridge inside the home at least so that when he arrives the job could be in process. In the middle of me saying that the installer walks away to his truck as his partner had already loaded the fridge onto the truck. At the exact same time (9:10 am exactly 3 minutes after he agreed to wait for 5 minutes) my family member is walking up to the delivery man/installer and his partner to converse about what is needed so that the fridge could be delivered. THIS IS ALL CAPTURED ON THE RING DOORBELL VIDEO. The partner continues to load the truck, close-up the truck, and both of them get in the truck and DRIVE OFF!
Best Buy’s dispatcher, Delivery Man/Installer, and his partner had no regard for me, my disabled residents, nor my staff. It was all about keeping a schedule. The level of disrespect and disregard is unparalleled to anything I have ever experienced before. There was absolutely no reason for him to pull off at that moment! I am completely disheartened and am hoping that someone can make this right or I will share this story with every person, blog, and media outlet I can find! This is completely ridiculous! We had to explain to our intellectually delayed residents that our refrigerator activity and swap will not be happening today. As staff urgently placed the food back in a semi-functional refrigerator. Your staff should feel terrible for this and I hope that they never have to experience watching a delivery truck drive away with merchandise that they purchased nor have to explain to a child with a disability why it happened.
How do we fix this? This needs to be remediated in a major way.