Add Product

Search Results:

Service/Customer Service Complaint

I decided to purchase a much needed washer and dryer and stopped by the Best Buy in Compton, CA to check on some of the prices.  I found a openbox Maytag set of front loading machines that was a little over my price range but I was willing to put in the extra money to get a new set from a store near my home.  The sales rep was pleasant and assisted in making sure that I had what I needed for the installation.  I paid additional monies to have my existing set removed in an attempt toward making this a swift installation.  It was Saturday, December 29th.  I was given an installation date of Wednesday, January 2nd.  Although I was hoping for something sooner, I accepted the date and scheduled someone to be at my home during the day to accept the delivery and installation.  A couple of days later, I received a call from the delivery service stating that my appointment had been cancelled and reschedule for that following Saturday, January 5th.  I caught the flu so I was in bed all week recouperating and did not have th energy to deal with this change.  I received an email of the update and accepted the change.  My delivery was scheduled for today at 7 am.  At 6:30 this morning I received a call from the delivery guy saying that they were outside for my 7 am. appointment but they would wait 30 mins.  I insisted that we go ahead and get the delivery over with allowed the installation to start.  When I answered the phone I realized that my flu had taken a turn for the worse and I had lost my voice so it was very difficult to communicate with the service rep.  The first problem was the order did not included the haul away of the old washer and dryer.  After several minutes of contemplation, the delivery guy was kind enough to find a way to rearrange the items in his truck to accomodate the extra washer and dryer.   Then came the bigger issue, the missing drain hose.  The items were shipped without the drain hose so they were unble to complete the installation.  I strained my voice all day talking to Maytag (who told me that they would send out a replacement drain hose but that I universal hose would do for now), Geeksquad (who refused to adjust their schedule to accommodate a mistake made by their company and Best Buy).  Later I attempted to contact Best Buy via telephone to advise about the univeral hose.  I sat on hold for 1 hour and 40 mins. no one answered.  While on hold, I decided to drive back to the Best Buy since no one would answer the telephone.  I get to the store and ask to speak with a manager.  The "Specialty Store Manager - Ken" has a smirk on his face as I attempt to tell him what is going on.  He acknowledges that he received the email from Geeksquad earlier in the day.  I asked him why he didn't answer the email.  His response, "I didn't know you would come down to the store."  I exclaim, "Well I have been on hold for almost two hours and no one has answered."  He gives me some excuse about the calls going to a call center and not the individual stores.  All in all he finally brings out a univeral drain hose and gives it to me which is really no help since I the washer and dryer is just sitting by my back door.  I ask if someone can come out to install and he says they do not have anyone that can do this.  I go back home, nothing accomplished feeling defeated and sick and frustrated.  I receive a call from Geeksquad stating that they will not be able to come back out until Monday.  So I guess I'm going to have to arrange for someone else to come by and stay during the day for this third attempt of installation.  Now I will have to go back to the laundrymat to wash clothing for the week and waste additional money that I do not have all for what?  Best Buy and GeekSquads negligence.  Why wouldn't either of you check to make sure you have everything you need on the truck before going out?  You guys do not have a checklist?  What kind of Mickey Mouse operation are you guys running?  Furthermore, with this amount of negligence, I would expect some sort of compromise or compensation for the inconvenience caused but I have only been greeted with distain, rudeness and blatant bad customer service.  Sadly, I will never purchase a large appliance from Best Buy again and I will advise everyone I know of the horrible customer service that I received from management at your Compton facility.  Please teach your employees to do better because I should not have to chase after you to do YOUR job.