Add Product

Search Results:

Multiple Delivery Cancellations for Washer

I purchased an open-box LG Washer that was on the floor on Friday, October 31, 2020 and was given a delivery date of Monday, November 9, 2020. Even though it was more than a week after the purcahse, we decided we could live with the inconvenience temporarily since our washer had broken that day.

On the morning of Monday, November 9, I log onto my Best Buy account to check my order and am surprised to see that it's asking me to reschedule the delivery and choose a new date for delivery. I call 1-888-BEST-BUY to find out why the delivery was cancelled and they couldn't find the reason why. They just said the earliest they can deliver it now is Thursday, November 12. Begrudgingly, I accept but am skeptical so I ask if there would be any compensation if they miss a second delivery date. They said they would put a note on file.

On the morning of Thursday, November 12, I get ANOTHER e-mail saying I need to reschedule. At this point, my patience is running out. I call the main Best Buy customer service number again and they still can't tell why it keeps getting cancelled. The agent on the line suggested I go to the store where I purchased the washer and ask if they could schedule a next-day delivery of the item but suggested holding the next available date which was Thursday, November 19 for now in case the store couldn't do anything. When I got off the phone with the agent, I went to the store and spoke to the staff who had originally sold me the washer and she checked her system and next-day delivery wasn't available but that the earliest delivery date was Monday, November 16. She said she would contact the regional manager (i believe for the shipping warehouse or something to that effect) to find out what the issues was. She did note that the first missed delivery (Nov 9) was due to a "part being missing)

Late at night on Saturday, November 14, I get yet ANOTHER e-mail stating I needed to reschedule AGAIN. The next day, Sunday, November 15, I go back to the store because I am beyond annoyed at this whole process. I speak to one of the staff there and she looks into my order. She says there's a note saying "Customer has to choose another item" which she implies may mean they either damaged the unit I purchased or lost the unit altogether. She understands my frustration and looks in the back to see if they had another open-box washer in the model I purchased. When she couldn't find one, she was able to speak to her manager who was able to give me a brand new unit for the open-box price I paid for which I appreciated after this whole fiasco although the earliest they could have it delievered is Friday, November 20. I say that's fine.

Fast-forward to today Monday, 11/16/2020 and I get a call in the evening stating that the new unit is unavailable to be shipped on Friday, November 20. The earliest it can be delivered now is Tuesday, November 24. Believe me, when I say I have tried to remain patient in all of this but it's extremely difficult for me to consider purchasing anything requring delivery agian from Best Buy. The lack of transparancy and accountability, especially from those at the warehouse in charge of delivery, was unacceptable.

I understand that the response time right now is "7-8 days" but if there is anything that can be done before that to expedite the delivery, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Re: Multiple Delivery Cancellations for Washer

Well another missed delivery today (11/24/2020).

Was scheduled to arrive between 12pm-6pm. When they missed the time frame, I called the main line and was told they could come as late as 9-10pm. As long as it arrived, I was ok with that. Within an hour I received an email saying they would be there around 7:10pm. After another 30 min I check my order online and now it says I need to reschedule. For a FIFTH time! 

At this point I have no idea where to turn to. I've called the main customer service line, I've spoken directly to the store, I've posted on this forum with no response despite waiting the "7-8 days" for a response. I understand there is a shortage of workers but for some reason my order hasn't been prioritized at all despite all the rescheduling.

Can anybody help me?

Re: Multiple Delivery Cancellations for Washer

Nevermind. Cancelled the order for a full refund. PC Richards has it on sale for the same price with delivery available sooner than Best Buy's next available delivery date.

To say my relationship with Best Buy has been ruined is an understatement.