Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Inaccurate washer/dryer description, awful delivery, even worse customer support

I ordered a Maytag washer and dryer online on November 23, 2018.

They were, and continue to be, described as "stackable" on the Best Buy website.

I also ordered installation, which was scheduled for Saturday, January 5, 2019, between 7:00am and 1:00pm.

On Friday evening January 4, 2019, as promised, we received an email message narrowing down our installation window to 2 hours:

"Our team will arrive tomorrow, Saturday, January 05, 2019. Our estimated arrival time is between the hours of 11:00 AM - 01:00 PM."

We received a voice mail confirming that arrival time:

"Hello, this is Best Buy calling to remind you about your in home appointment. We have your appointment scheduled for January 5th, 2019 with an estimated arrival time between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. local time..."

So far so good! We planned our day around that installation time.

Then the troubles began...

On Saturday morning, we received a phone call from Best Buy:

"Good morning. This is Best Buy home delivery giving you a courtesy call in regards to your delivery today. Looks like my team is running a bit behind this morning, and I was wondering if you would be available between 3 and 5. If you have any questions or concerns about the new time frame, give me a call at 253-766-8023. Thank you."

How does the time frame change overnight? Okay, so we re-scheduled our day to be available from 3 to 5 p.m.

Later on Saturday morning, we received an email:

"Your Agent is on the way! You can expect your Agent to arrive at approximately 11:55 AM."

Wait! What?!?!? Are you kidding me?

We rushed home. The agent didn't arrive.

We called the distribution center and were told that email was sent in error and that we could expect the arrival between 3 and 5 pm.

Now we're getting a bit ticked, but the worst is yet to come.

The delivery crew arrived sometime after 3 pm. We asked them to stack the units in a particular spot. They told us we didn't order the stacking kit and needed to order it, then they would come back and do the installation free of charge. They also told us that it would be best for them to leave the washer, dryer, and installation parts at our house. That's exactly what they did and then they left.

Okay, fair enough, I went online to Best Buy to order the stacking kit for these Maytag washer and dryer. That's the important bit, Maytag. Best Buy doesn't even sell a stacking kit for these washers and dryers which the website clearly describes as "stackable".

I call Best Buy support to find the stacking kit. The agent can't find it either. Tries to sell me the stacking kit for other manufacturers, clearly unable to grasp that this is a Maytag set. Seriously.

Finally, I go to the Maytag website. THESE WASHERS AND DRYERS ARE NOT STACKABLE, HENCE THERE IS NO STACKING KIT.

Oh great, just great...

I call Best Buy support again, this time to have the order canceled and the washer, dryer, and parts picked up. The first agent can't help me and transfers my call. The second agent also can't help me but assures he will stay on the line while he connects me with Geek Squad and for sure they will be able to help. The third agent can't help, but gives me another phone number to call.

I call the new phone number and speak with an agent who gives me a case number but this is Saturday night and am told to call back on Sunday and provide the case number because "things need to go through the computer system".

Okay, this sounds promising, I have a case number!

I call back on Sunday with the case number but the next agent is unable to help and says this is not a Geek Squad issue, but is a delivery center issue. She gets me transferred to another agent. This next agent gives me a NEW CASE NUMBER! Are you kidding me? She tells me that for sure someone from Best Buy will call me within the next 24 to 48 hours. This was on Sunday, January 6, 2019.

Today is Wednesday, January 9, 2019 and I still have not received that phone call that Best Buy promised. I have spoken with 8 different customer support agents. I have a washer, dryer, and installation parts in my house that I can't use and I am out roughly $2000.

Obviously I am fed up with this company.