Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

I'm having a horrible delivery situation. Can anyone help?

I purchased a new dishwasher.  My old dishwasher was working, no problems with plumbing, electricity, etc.  Best Buy's delivery folks, apparantly "Installs, LLC out of NY (I'm in Montana) came, took out my old dishwasher, left it broken on the lawn, installed the new, not working.  They left me a note saying I'd have to call a plumber.  The short of it is I went from working dishwasher to non-working dishwasher, mess on my lawn, and a note I needed a plumber.  It would seem logical to me that if the plumbing were working before the installer came, and then it isn't after he came, the installer did something to the plumbing.

But that is just the core of the problem.  This was Tuesday.  I then spent over 2 hours on the phone and with on line chats with Best Buy, to finally get a "Carl" with the delivery service.  He understood the problem and said a second delivery person would be here today (Thursdayt) between 7 A.M. and 1 P.M., with a call Wednesday to narrow the time window.  Today, no one came.  I called the number he left (877) 887-1766 and was told that they cancelled the second instalation attempt because...I needed a plumber.  I explained it all again.  They had notes confirming that Carl understood what I'd said and had re-scheduled the delivery, but "he must have been wrong; we don't have any plumbers."  I asked for their address so I could write, and their response was "I'm not allowed to give out our address."

So now, I have broken dishwasher in my front lawn, my old one.  A new dishwasher in my kitchen that doesn't work.  And apparantly a plumbing bill to come that was caused by the installer.  And I have not been able to get any help brom Best Buy, just endless shuttling to telephone numbers and websites.

Re: I'm having a horrible delivery situation. Can anyone help?

Please escalate this as a complaint. I need help. Please
Topics: 16
Kudos: 375
Solutions: 51

The forums work on a first come, first serve basis and during the holidays the turn around time for a response can be up to 7 days. If you need immediate help, I'd recommend contacting your local store or the 1-888-BestBuy (1-888-237-8289) number. Otherwise, I would sit tight for a corporate representative to work through their queue to your post.

I'll wait.  In the update categoy:  So, I called the plumber, as per the installer's note.  Plumber came.  Found three probems, all with the installation:  (1) The installer had turned off the valve for the dishwasher water supply, along the house water supply.  When he turned the house water supply back on, he did not turn on the dishwasher valve.  Therefore, no water to the dishwasher.  This is why it didn't work.  For this, I now have a $240 plumbing bill.  2.  The installer did not correctly fasten the drain tube; it was leaking until the plumber reattached it.   So I guess it's good that the dishwasher had no water because if it had, there would have been an ongoing leak from the discharge drain tube.  3.  While the kit I'd purchased came with a new hose for attaching to the water supply, the installer simply re-used the old one, and it was not fitting properly, therefore leaking.  The plumber put on the new one that was in the kit I'd paid for.  So, the plumber got the dishwasher working by turning on it's water valve, got it's drain not to leak by re-attaching it properly, and got it's water hose not to link by substituting the new hose I'd paid for.  The plumbing bill is $240.  I would like the $240 reimbursed.  I can provide the plumber's bill and, once it's gone through the bank, a copy of the cancelled check.