Add Product

Search Results:

Horrible Service

We purchased a total of 6 appliances from Best Buy on Tuesday (6/25) totaling almost $5000. It was important to me that these items we purchased were delivered and installed as soon as possible as we had been in our new home for 10 days with no appliances. We are a family of 6 with 4 little children. Without a refrigerator and stove, we have been purchasing food for the past 10 days.

Best Buy promised me that the quickest they could deliver was today (6/27) and gave me an arrival window of 7a-1pm. They indicated that I would receive a call/text the night before to confirm and shorten the window to 4 hours. I never received a call/text. Took time off work today in order to stay and receive the appliances as instructed by Best Buy. At 10am I decided to call to inquire about the delivery. I was on hold for over an hour and got transferred 4 times!! before I finally got to someone that could help me at 11:44am.

The lady on the phone leisurely explained to me that something went wrong with the "system" and my delivery did not "transfer" over therefore, they would have to reschedule my delivery. When asked why I wasn’t then contacted about this change in status. she responded, "i don’t know what happened and couldn’t tell you". I asked well I received the email that it was scheduled so why didn’t it not transfer over. Again, I was met with "i don’t know what happened and couldn’t tell you". She went on to state that the earliest they could fit me in was Friday between 12pm and 4pm.

I proceeded to ask for her superior. I was again put on hold for almost 20-30 mins to speak to Jason. Who again met me with the same story of not knowing what had happened and that I would need to wait until tomorrow to receive my appliances. What I did not get from the both of them was a sense of urgency and the impression that they were doing all they could to see that my needs were met. I even had to suggest and ask if he could maybe call the delivery guys to see how and if they could maybe squeeze me in first thing in the morning so that I am able to go to work. I already had a 16 hour day planned to accommodate me taking off today. He stated he could put in it in the notes but couldn’t guarantee that they would do that. Again, these were my suggestions and not his.

I understand that system failures happen and balls are dropped but what sets good companies and great companies apart is the ability to offer some sort of immediate service recovery options. My God! I took a whole day off work to wait for this delivery! And now you are offering me another delivery window in the middle of the day that will pull me away from work again!!! At this point it is safe to say that I was livid and frankly speaking I still am!! I am not one to write reviews but this is unacceptable and Best Buy is about to hear from me.

Re: Horrible Service

You move the comment but dont address it?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Horrible Service

They moved it so it would get to the right team. The forums have different experts for different areas within the company. A response can be a few days coming as the forums work on a first come, first serve basis and getting your in the right area will get you to the right team and avoid you waiting longer than necessary for assistance.
I am not a forum moderator nor voice of corporate. One of the corporate moderators will be with you as soon as they can for the official response from Best Buy. The forums work on a first come, first serve basis and it can take a while for a response.