06-12-2019 11:53 AM
Thanks for registering with the community!
A moderator should be by within the next 3 to 5 business days to field your response. If you're not wishing to elaborate publicly, you'll have to sit tight for a moderator to ask for more information in a private message. Your patience is all they can ask for until they have a chance to get to your post.
I'd draft your complaint so that's it's ready to go to help out. Be sure to include your full name, phone number, email address so that they could log your complaint at the Corporate Headquarters.
Best of luck!
06-12-2019 09:50 PM
Thanks for the update. I have my complaint all set and ready to go, too bad I have to wait yet again. My formal compalint stems from the fact that we purchased $5,000 worth of items on 3/29/19(paid in full) and we still haven't recieved any of the items which originally were set to be delivered and installed on 4/13/2019.
06-13-2019 06:49 PM
I would like to file a formal complaint against Best Buy as my experience is completely unacceptable. I have been a Best Buy customer for years and after this experience I don't think I will ever make another purchase from Best Buy nor will I ever recommend Best Buy to family and friends. Below is a summary of the complete mess of an experience:
* On 3/29/19 a customer service representative came to our home to help us with the purchase of home theater items. We were very pleased with the experience and purchased about $5,000 worth of items. The original delivery date was set for 4/13/2019 and we still haven't received a single item.
*On 4/9/2019 we contacted our in-home advisor to make an update to the TV we purchased as the initial TV was right at the weight limit for the type of walls we have.
* On 4/12 we received a new delivery date with the updated TV of 5/8/19. At that time we needed a Saturday delivery so we made the decision to push out the date to 5/25/19. We were disappointed in the wait but took responsibility for the wait because we updated our purchase.
* On 5/8 we received a voice mail from Geek Squad saying they were going to drop off the original larger TV but wouldn't install it until 5/25. We contacted our home advisor who assured us he would take care of the confusion.
*On 5/25 we get a call saying that the delivery and installation could not be complete because the TV was discontinued! This was after getting emails all week saying that "5/25 was the day" and a phone call on 5/24 with our delivery window. I can't believe Best Buy doesn't have quality control where someone checks at the store to see if all items in the order are present. We were extremely upset and called to see how to fix the problem. This is when the lies started coming from customer service. First, no one was able to make the TV switch for us to a similar TV. The Geek Squad rep transferred me to the in-home theater department and they told me I would get a call from a manager on Monday 5/27 because he was unable to make the switch to a non-discontinued TV. I asked if this was true since Monday 5/27 was a holiday and was assured that although Monday was a holiday a manager would be in the office.
* On 5/27 I called again since we didn't receive a call yet and was told no one was available because it was a holiday (as a reminder I was told on 5/25 that someone would be there) and that the following day a manager would for sure call to fix the issue.
*On 5/28 I received an order update without a phone call! No one ever called they just updated the order to a new TV and the new delivery date is 7/9/19 about 4 months after our order and payment. This is completely unacceptable. Since the mistake was caused by Best Buy the resolution should be well before 7/9/19.
* On 5/29 we contacted our in-home advisor who once again assured us he would fix things and we still haven't heard back from him.
* On 6/5 I called again to try and get the date moved up and after being sent to multiple departments I was told by a customer service rep that he would take care of everything and this would be resolved. I still haven't received a call back and the date is still set for 7/9/19.
We are out of patience. If this was reversed and we received about $5,000 worth of items without paying it would be considered stealing. I'm not sure why Best Buy has no problem taking our money without providing the items, in essence stealing from us. I also don't appreciate all the lies we have been told, I no longer trust anything I hear from customer service.
Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do to file this complaint and make things right.
Thank you for your time
06-21-2019 11:23 AM
Can I please have an update on this? I was told on 6/12 someone would get back to me within 3-5 business days. It's been more than that with no reply. Looks like I was told yet another lie by a Best Buy employee. This is disappointing but sadly I'm not surprised after how I've been treated.
06-21-2019 01:00 PM
I'm just a community member, and I do not speak officially for Best Buy. I do apologize a moderator hasn't stopped by to help out just yet, but I do believe the volume could be backing them up just a little while. Your patience is greatly appreciated until one gets the opportunity to stop by.
3 to 5 business days is just an average, not a guarantee.
07-01-2019 08:15 AM
Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to the issues that you have been having. That is not the kind of feedback we like to hear from our customers, and I would be happy to try and turn this situation around for you. Would you mind sending us a private message with the name, phone number, and email address that is associated with your order? I look forward to your response!