Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Delivery problems

Purchased a stove and refridgerator 2 weeks ago. Delivery day comes with a time frame of 7am to 1pm. 1:30 comes around still no refridgerator. Call a few different people and they say it didn't make it on the truck I need to reschedule. Call a few more people and i receive a call from the driver saying they have a fridge that may be mine. They show up at 2:10 and have me look into the box truck (kicking a bottle of urine away as if I'm blind to it) and check if its my fridge. The driver had no apologies for the punctuality or my confusion, seemed completely clueless to anything. I was late due to the driver so i had them put the fridge in real quick and I put the handles on. Then the cherry on the sunday was my 2 trips to return the unused water line and negotiating with the employees for 10 minutes because they couldn't refund my $30 water line becaise the status of the order was "in transit" 4 days after my delivery. Buyers beware the delivery company xpo and best buys part of the delivery will be a trainwreck. I called coon rapids store manager and he seemed interested in my story but it would be nice to get some feedback from best buy as to why this all happend. Thank you.

Property Damage to my house during delivery of range

We purchased a range from Best Buy in November 2018.  It had a error code on it so they delivered a new one. The guy that delivered it was removing the back of the range where the cord is with a screw driver (while the range was still plugged into the 220 outlet!)  He arched the wire and we have never had power since then.  I have left soooo many messages with Sedgwick and no one has returned my call.  We went through the holidays without a stove/oven and STILL have no remedy!  Normally we love dealing with Best Buy, but ever since this experience of spending $700 on something that is NOT even usable and getting no help from Best Buy OR their insurance claims company, I will NEVER buy another applicance from Best Buy!  We are now in January 2019 and still no applicance to cook dinners!  

very frustrated!!

We purchased brand new LG refrigerator in early November at the Bestbuy Grand Parkway. However, we noticed a very weird sound coming from the refrigerator, so we requested for exchange. They scheduled to deliver a new one in a month later because of back order from thanksgiving sale (we understand). 

The first delivery: the delivery guy made a huge dent (nearby compressor) on the back of the refrigerator when they unloaded the new refrigerator. We refused to accept the damaged one and asked for a new one. He said someone will contact me for scheduling. We waited for a callback, but no one called us for about a week. So, I called them and explained to them what happened. They said, my order was still in transition so I had to wait. The sale person at the Grand Parkway promised me to follow up with my case, but nobody reached out to me. I needed to follow up myself to reschedule a new delivery.

The second delivery: a week later, the delivery guy came but damaged the same area where the compressor is located. I wonder whether they picked up the same refrigerator we were delivered at the second time. So, I refused to accepted it. Again, nobody followed up with my case, so I had to call them to reschedule a new delivery.

The third delivery: today was a day for the third delivery, but the refrigerator they brought in was damaged for whatever reasons. The sealing at the door was ripped off, so we refused to accepted it.

It has been almost two months since we made a payment in November. BUT, we still didn't have the one that we wanted to use. Every time delivery guy called me for delivery, we took all the stuff out of the refrigerator and put them back in when they took the damaged refrigerators. Tomorrow, I needed to call them back again to reschedule (at least they called me after they took). This will be my fourth delivery. I am so frustrated with how they handled my situation!!. I am starting to wonder if I can get the one we wanted!!!

Driver trenches my grass

Hi! On a refrigerator delivery last week the driver trenched our grass and nearly hit the fire hydrant - then in his way out he trenches the other side! The grass for at least 10 feet is ruined and deep ruts are on both sides of the driveway. I have pictures - not sure how to post those here but happy to email them in

7 Hours to Buy a TV

[ Edited ]

Mike Mikan (Int CEO)

Best Buy Corporate Headquarters

3 January 2019

SUBJECT:  7 HOURS TO BUY A TV.

This letter explains my frustration with purchasing a TV, Installation, Service Plan and Bracket. Although the order was eventually placed, ({removed per forum guidelines}), it was not without much frustration.

December 27th. I went online to place this order, and the system would not take my best buy credit card. I called the 800 237-8289, and spoke with a representative who attempted to place the order, and told me ‘there was something wrong with my card’, and he gave me the bank #, which I called. I found out I had to re-raise my credit limit, which was done.

After getting back on the phone with the representative, he placed the order, gave me a confirmation #, (not the current one), and told me four things. (1) My delivery would be at noon on 1/5/19.  (2) I would receive confirmation emails, but it might take an hour or so. (3) The order was approved, and (4) I would receive the bracket the next day, Dec 28th.

This entire process took about 90 minutes. I had the time I wanted, the equipment I wanted, and I was overall, happy.

On Jan 2nd 2019 I became concerned, and called the 800#.

At that time I discovered my order from 12/27/18 had been cancelled immediately after I got off the phone. The TV I wanted was no longer in stock! I still had received no emails, phone calls or ANYTHING about the status of the order, good or bad.

For 4 and a half hours I was passed to no fewer than 15 different people. The line went dead 6 times during conversations or transfers and I had to call in again and again to figure out what had happened.

I even called the Shakopee store, and was transferred to the Eagan store (they apparently had the TV there), and for five minutes the phone at the Eagan store rang, and no one picked up (this was about 6.30 pm 1/2/19) When I called the Shakopee store back, the phone rang for several minutes and was never answered.

I the 800# several times, and repeatedly was disconnected in the middle of conversations, or lost when transferred.  Several people did not speak English very well, and when I asked for a supervisor or a more proficient representative I was transferred into oblivion or simply disconnected.

At about 7.10 PM I did find someone who could put my order through. At 8pm the order was completed.  I was again promised ‘confirmation emails’. As of now 6pm, 1/3/19 there has been no communication from Best Buy.

I spent from 3.30 in the afternoon until 8pm on the phone trying to buy a TV. The website said ‘call the bank’ calling the bank ‘there was no problem with the order.’

While some of the people were earnest in their desire to help, the constant disconnections and being transferred was not only disheartening, but also maddening. I lost count of how many times I had to start all over with the issue, only to be transferred and have to start all over again, only to have the call drop. 

Next time, I’ll take the train.

Phillip {removed per forum guidelines}

{removed per forum guidelines}

Highlighted

Scheduled delivery - not really scheduled

I purchased a Samsung 65" QLED TV, along with wireless headphones online and scheduled an installation date for today (1/4) from between 8am - noon. I also purchased the Total Tech Support package (I wish I hadn't). I received an email from the Geek Squad on 12/27, confirming the appointment. Fast forward to today at 5 minutes to noon, no one had arrived for the install and no one had called me with an arrival time. I called the Geek Squad and after waiting on hold for 20 minutes, the agent that answered told me that I didn't have an appointment scheduled for today and that there must have been a "bug" in the scheduling system. His only answer was to reschedule the install for 1/8...or receive a refund for the TV and headphones, which have already been delivered. I asked him to explain why I had been sent the confirmation email, and he said he couldn't answer my question. It was very obvious from his tone of voice that he really didn't care. So, after sitting a home waiting for a scheduled delivery/install, no one shows up and now the delivery/install isn't scheduled until next Tuesday. The good new...I did receive an appointment confirmation form the Geek Squad. Oh wait, I received the same email on 12/27. I'm not holding my breath. Best Buy and Geek Squad...NEVER again!

The WORST experience I have ever had

To whom this may concern,

Let me preface this by saying, I’m not one to complain. This was my first purchase with best buy and I was very happy to find a good TV on a television that I loved.

I purchased the television on 12/12/18. I scheduled the delivery date originally for December 26th between 7am-1pm. I traveled across state at 5 am that day to make sure I was there at my apartment in case I was the first delivery at 7am. I was notified later that morning, at approximately 11am, that my item was not in stock and that I would need to reschedule. I find it very hard to believe that the day after Christmas was the first time this issue was noticed, as I doubt anything ships on Christmas day, so a preemptive phone call notifying me the delivery would not be happening would have been appreciated. I simply rescheduled and chalked it up to the holiday season.

January 2nd rolls around, the day I rescheduled my TV delivery. I take the day off of work to make sure I am available for the TV delivery since the first day didn’t work out. I wake up eager to check the appointment schedule. The delivery was scheduled between 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. By 1:30 pm with no delivery or notification that the TV was NOT going to be delivered, I reluctantly called customer service to discuss why again I was cancelled and why I received NO notification.

Here starts customer service, and I get it, everyone is busy, but this is truly the cherry on top. Originally, I am on hold for 12 minutes before I reach the first person, who says they need to redirect my call to “the warehouse” to determine what the issue was with the delivery. Another 15 minutes rolls by before the service member says he then need to contact the “delivery team.” On rolls another 25 minutes before I get an answer as to why my TV was both not delivered and not notified which was simply “it was a mistake on our end.” The conversation ended with the response that I would be receiving a phone call within the hour from a supervisor. Kept my phone on loud the rest of the day and didn’t hear anything from any Best Buy employee. Needless to say, I am very disappointed in how my transaction with best buy has continued thus far. Not only do I not know when I’m to expect my TV, I don’t have an answer as to what went wrong today and what is going to be done to rectify the situation. I received a text message that I would then get the delivery that Saturday.

So the next day I call again as I didn’t receive a phone call from the “escalation” team. Now for the THIRD TIME my order was canceled and I was bounced to pick another day for my TV delivery, again having to be the one to discover and attempt to call Best Buy.

In comes Customer service: (porsha, Tom, will, Ashely (2x both of which resulted in me being hung up on) as well as a handful of others I can’t remember. I have had to explain my story 5 different times to someone who tells me they need to redirect my call. I have no answers. As I was put on hold and the call was dropped 3x.

This is absolutely not the proper way to do business on a 600 hundred dollar TV.

I have taken off work, driven across state, changed plans and bent backwards to have this TV Delivered. I ordered it December 12. In addition to the time commitment I’ve spent waiting on a delivery that never came I’ve spent hours dealing with customer service to never find a resolution.

I’d rather pay double the price at a competitor than deal with Best Buy again.

Re: The WORST experience I have ever had

I’m reaching out on this forum because I have no way of emailing the company. I’m expected to pay my credit card bill sooner than I received the merchandise and I still have zero answers as to the perguatory my Samsung TV currently resides.

Re: Delivery/poor customer support

[ Edited ]

I DIDN'T RECEIVE MY ORDERED(WASHER) ITERM,SINCE 12-25-2018 BOUGHT ONLINE. AFTER 2 APPOINTMENTS (01-02 & 01-04-2019 7AM--1PM) I STIILL AM WAITING FOR THEM.

MIKE

Unacceptable Service

My wall oven went out on Christmas Eve.  I purchased a new one from Best Buy on December 26th as it had the earliest stated delivery date and it is an oven-- I need it to feed my family!  It was to be delivered on January 2 and installed on January 3.  I have now been on the phone with Best Buy corporate, Best Buy local, and Geek Squad SEVENTEEN TIMES trying to get my oven and get it installed!!!  The installers showed up-- no oven-- Best Buy told them that my oven was delivered and installed already which it obviously wasn't.  They left and it took many calls to figure out that my oven was indeed in my local store.  After HOURS on hold (including sitting in my cold car outside of a restaurant for a work dinner while my husband entertained my boss until I could come in (fear of hanging up and having to start all over at that point made me wait) I was told the oven needed for some stupid reason to be returned and then repurchased in order to try to schedule delivery.  I did so immediately to get things moving as quickly as possible.  I was then told that delivery would be a full week later because they only deliver once a week--I live 2 miles from the store!!  I then asked if I could pick it up myself and they schedule installation ASAP since the oven would be waiting and I was told yes.  WE picked up the oven that barely fit in my car, found neighbors to help us get it inside and now no one will return my calls/emails to get my new installation date.  It has been EXPEDITED but still no new information.  The case manager has not replied to two emails and three phone calls today for information even though she told me to reach out today.   The only reason I purchased from Best Buy was they had the earliest promised delivery date and this is an important appliance!!!  I am beyond disappointed and frustrated with this terrible experience!