02-20-2021 07:17 AM
On January 18, I made an in-store purchase of a 75 inch VIZIO TV (P75Q9-H1) at the Hato Rey San Juan, Puerto Rico USA location via special order and scheduled a home delivery for January 30 between the 1pm-6pm window. January 30 arrives and I receive a confirmation email that the delivery crew had just picked up the TV and was on its way. As such, I spent all afternoon at home waiting for the crew to arrive, however, the TV never arrived. I called the store's customer service line and was told that the email was just an auto-generated message, that the TV was not even in Puerto Rico, and that I had to reschedule the delivery. This was very unprofessional because:
1) If the store staff knows that that kind of email is generated containing false information, if they valued their client’s time, someone could have notified me so I could make other arrangements.
2) Since the TV was not even on the island, it was certain that it was not going to be delivered by that date. Why does the client have to wait for a no-show to occur to reschedule?
After calling the store, the delivery was rescheduled for February 12. So much time had passed since I made the original order that I saw a better deal, and as such, on February 5, I went to the store and changed the ordered TV for a better one (P75QX-H1), again via special order. The delivery date was changed to February 17 between the 1pm-6pm window.
February 17 arrives, and since I already know not to trust the inaccurate auto-generated emails mentioned earlier, once the store opened at 10am, I proceeded to call the store's customer service line, since I did not wanted to lose my time again. The customer service representative informed me that the driver had picked up the TV in the morning and was on its way for delivery. As a result, I dedicated all afternoon waiting for the delivery crew. 6pm arrives and nothing. I once again call the store's customer service line and was informed that, for some unexplained reason, the driver was not able to deliver the TV and I had to call tomorrow to reschedule to see what dates were available. This is totally unprofessional because:
1) No one informed me that the delivery was not going to arrive, if the driver knew that he was not going to make the trip to my house for whatever reason, he could have let me know, or the store associates could have contacted me as soon as they knew.
2) It is not my fault that the driver failed to deliver my TV, why do I have to now wait for the next day to call and see what dates are available for delivery?
3) If my order was scheduled for February 17, it had more priority that all of the February 18, 19, and 20 orders. So why do I have to wait longer than those orders? The only logical step was to deliver the next day first thing in the morning, however, this is not an option, according to the customer service representative.
Again, it is unfair that due to failure of the delivery contractor, I have to reschedule to a further day out and cross my fingers that the driver arrives next time, since there is no guarantee that there will be another failed delivery and my precious time will again be wasted. It feels that there is no respect for my time.
On February 18, I called customer service and informed them of all of what was happening. The representative indicated that she wrote my name, phone number, order #, and situation and that she will be referring my case to the manager to see what the manager can to expedite my delivery. I agreed, however, since I considered the 4-24 hour timeframe to be too much time to be without a scheduled date, and due to the potential risk that I am never contacted back by the manager, I told the rep in the meantime to schedule my delivery for the next available date, January 22 from 7am-1pm, as a worst case scenario. Again, to my surprise, it's been 48 hours and NADA, nothing, the manager has not contacted me yet. I have notified the store of this whole situation via email and phone calls, but since nobody have been able to solve this, I wanted to let corporate know of the whole situation and what has been happening with the deliveries on the island. Not the quality service you would expect from a respected brand such as Best Buy. I am so dissatisfied, I am inclined to cancel my order before the delivery date arrives.
02-24-2021 02:48 PM
Good afternoon, emakings,
You mention this is “not the quality service you would expect from a respected brand such as Best Buy” and from what you’ve detailed in your post thus far, I couldn’t agree more. This is far from the level of service we hope to provide our customers when shopping with us, and although I may not be able to undo the frustration this experience has already caused, I would like to see what we can do to resolve this issue and get your TV delivered as soon as possible.
If you’re still in need of assistance, I’ll ask that you send me a private message with a few pieces of additional information so we can look into this matter further. If you could use the blue “Private Message” button in my signature to send me:
As mentioned, you’ll want to use the blue “Private Message” button in my signature to get this information sent my way, and if you’re accessing our site on a mobile device, you may need to switch to “Full” or “Desktop” view before this button is visible to you.
Hope to hear from you soon,