Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Complaint Sent to Better Business Bureau

I purchased a dryer through a Best Buy store on October 13, 2018. I told the employee that I wanted the dryer to match the washer I purchased through Best Buy about two years prior, so we pulled up my account history and he showed me the dryer that would match. He did not have it in store, so ordered it for me to be delivered to my home on the soonest available date, November 2, 2018. The delivery team was unprofessional and did not listen to concerns I shared when I indicated that the dryer was not as expected. I made several attempts to reach Best Buy to resolve the issue and on November 7, 2018, I spoke to a representative to issue an exchange for a dryer more in line with what I had expected to purchase. He scheduled a pick up of the unit I was exchanging and a delivery of the new unit on November 12, 2018. On November 11, 2018, I had not received the expected call shorting my four hour window to a two hour window, so I called myself. I found out during this call that he had never fully processed the exchange, which the agent offered to do at that time. This meant I lose the November 12, 2018, delivery date, despite having made arrangements for someone to be home at that time. I asked Best Buy at that time to cancel the pending exchange transaction and to process a return and refund on the original order. I was given a pick up time on November 16, 2018. I was told that the team would pick up the dryer, and on November 17, 2018, I would receive a call from an agent who could process the return and refund my money.

On November 16, 2018, a delivery/pick up team came to my home and picked up the dryer as well as the accessories I had purchased for installation. They took pictures of my dryer, indicating that there were a few scratches likely from the original delivery team, and took the dryer to their truck with the accessories.

On November 17, 2018, I did not receive any call to process my refund. I did receive an email processing the refund of the accessories and the installation. I began calling Best Buy at that point every 2-3 days, spending at least 1.5 hours on hold each time. Each agent told me that the return order had only the accessories, and not the dryer, and thus they could not process the refund on the dryer and would reach out to the warehouse team through email and online form. Each agent indicated to me that once the warehouse confirmed the dryer was in their possession, they would reach out to me to process the refund. They indicated this process should take 24-48 hours; however, after each call, I did not receive any update and would hae to call back myself to find there was no movement forward.

On November 30, 2018, two weeks after the dryer was picked up, and multiple phone calls with no resolution later, I spoke to several agents and was escalated to the Executive Resolution Team. This took about 3.5 hours of hold time total.  I spoke with an agent who indicated that she would be able to resolve the issue; she reported that she would put a “force stop” on the order and would therefore be able to process my refund on December 1, 2018, once that was completed. She asked me to call her back on that day. She acknowledged that this was Best Buy’s mistake by not creating the refund ticket correctly and she would be able to process the refund for the dryer.

I called back as scheduled on December 1, 2018, and spoke to another agent in the Executive Resolution Team who indicated my original agent was on another call so could not speak to me. She indicated that my agent from 11/30 had “sent an email” and “filled out a form” and would be able to process my refund once she heard back from the warehouse. I expressed concern that this was the exact proposed response I had gotten from lower departments. The agent indicated she “hoped” I would hear something within 24-48 hours and I indicated that was the exact timeframe I had gotten during each call over the past 2 weeks, and I was now on my 15th day without any update. I did not receive any resolution from this call even after I expressed, again, my concern that a charge for over $1000 was on my Best Buy account for a product I no longer had, and that their company could not seem to locate. I am writing this complaint as I have tried every avenue I can think of to resolve this issue.