Add Product

Search Results:

Can't Cook! Gas Range Installation Nightmare

We ordered an LG gas range in November and schduled for it to be delivered and installed on 12/4, the last few days have been horrendous trying to work with Best Buy and XPO their local delviery/installation company. 

12/4: Gas range is scheduled to be delivered and installed between 12-6pm. Truck arrives between noon and 1pm and the drivers brings the range into the kitchen for install. Driver then admits that they forgot to bring the gas line we paid for and other tools necessary to install. The delivery comapny XPO cannot give an answer as to when they can come back out and tells us to call Best Buy. I speak to multiple representative from BB throughou the afternoon and they ensure me they will try to have someone come on Saturday 12/5 with the parts and to do the install. The person I spoke to on the local customoer care team promised they'd call back on 12/4 with a solution, but no one ever called. In evening I call again and am told Monday 12/7 is the new date they will install and deliver the gas line.

12/5: I notice in my appointment manager that my install is scheduled for 12/7 and the gas line delivery is 12/8. I call BB about this issues since I am afraid they may come again on 12/7 without the gas line. Customer service rep I speak to tells me its glitch in their system and everything should be done on 12/7.

12/6: I call once again about the appointment manager showing two different dates. The rep tells me it does no make sense and that she will contact the delivery company XPO to make sure they bring the gas line and install on the same day. 

12/7: Today we hoped everything would go smoothly, but it didn't! Just as I feared the delivery company showed up to install, but did not bring the gas line. The company says they will make a note to do the install and bring the gas line on 12/8. It has now been 4 days since we have been able to cook in our own home, Best Buy and the delivery company have not been helpful and getting this issue resolved. 

Highlighted

Re: Can't Cook! Gas Range Installation Nightmare

12/8: Driver arrives from delivery company with the missing gas hose. He says that is only scheduled to drop off the hose. He sees he note on the manifest to install and says he will do it as a favor, but he's not required to since its just a note and not actually one of his ordered. Driver says he is unable to install due to us not having the right adapter, he explains how we can install it ourselves and he leaves. It turns out the adapter we had was the proper one.