Add Product

Search Results:

what does best buy do about this

i have a HP Laptop dv2550se, which is discontinued, and i have the 3 year accidental coverage.

i have not damaged it in any way intentionally, and here is what is wrong with it.

SMART detection detects a problem with the hard drive, error #1 - 04

laptop battery retains 46% from factory specs.

the touchpad scroll no longer works, and it fails to work sometimes.

the cd rom makes the most annoying sounds ever from it being very lose

screen randomly turns off.

the spearkers sound horrible compaired to when i first purchased the computer

I would normally fix this stuff myself, but since i have the warrenty, and have no money because of college i was just wondering what best buy does in the situation, do they replace and fix all of that hardware, or do i get store credit? the computer has a lot of problems, and after seing the price best buy normally charges for some repairs, i could see the price of this going through the roof. if your a best buy rep, im not going to take your word and run with it, i am just wondering what have you seen done in the past for a similar situation.

Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: what does best buy do about this

While I did not want to take a guess at this, it sounds like something failed because of a power surge if your components are all failing like this at once. Just a potential thought.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

well, im shure what ever it is its covered because i spent the 350 for the accidental coverage, but what does geek squad do in a situation like this? you may be right, i never thought about it, but i did have problems with my electricty about 2 months ago. 1 phase was out or something. its kinda funny because my best friends dad works for the energy company, and he had to drive 2:30 to southern indiana to fix it lol. it was when all of those storms and stuff happend. my brother is an electrician and he explained to me what happend, but i dont remember what exactly it was. but anyways that is a possible cause to why my laptop is messing up, i just hope my ps3 doesnt start acting up!! if there is anyone who has delt with customer support/geek squad with a similar case if you could give me some input on what they did for you it would be greatly appriciated.
Recognized Member

sounds like most of it it's covered by ur accidental coverage.

SMART detection detects a problem with the hard drive, error #1 - 04 - Hardware failures (manufacture defect)

laptop battery retains 46% from factory specs. (u can obtain 1 free battery with any 2 years or 3 years standard or advance Performance Service Plan)

the touchpad scroll no longer works, and it fails to work sometimes. (Normal Wear and tear. Could be the drivers. reload the drivers and try that again)

the cd rom makes the most annoying sounds ever from it being very lose (Normal Wear and Tear)

the spearkers sound horrible compaired to when i first purchased the computer (Normal Wear Tear)

Bring in your computer for a Hardware Diagnostic, usually a$69.99 charge but the 3 year accidental coverage covers it.