Add Product

Search Results:

virus protectors

Sometimes it is just a hard time for me in reference to choosing virus protectors .... whats the difference between Trend and Norton

Contributor

Re: virus protectors

I prefer Kaspersky.  They have been the sleeper of antivirus protection over the last few years and the features you get with their antivirus is really good value.  Best Buy sells a 1 year license for 1-pc for $39.99.

Topics: 292
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 81

Virus protection has been a debate on many boards for many years. Kaspersky would also be my recommendation as well, when factoring in such factors as memory and resources used, features, and reliability.

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox
Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

I'm also chiming in.
Kaspersky only has a 70MB footprint on my system, and doesn't slow it down at all.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Valued Contributor

I have tried Kaspersky, and while I agree it has a small footprint, it is not as small as Norton.  What concerned me about Kaspersky was the number of false positives....I had several in the approximately 3 months I used it.  I find that as annoying as a product that misses known vectors (which Kaspersky didn't, but....). Personally I still find Norton the best product available right now. 

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!