Add Product

Search Results:

valid extended warranty?

I bought an HP laptop at Best Buy in Miami in April 2007.  I purchased an extended warranty as well.  When I turn my lap on, 'system not found' appears in the top left corner of a blank screen.  I've had the lap reformatted and within 2 or 3 days it's back to the 'system not found'.  As I'm currently living in Mexico, I took it to the HP office and they said they would have to open it up.  I said no because I was sure that would affect my warranty.  My problem is that I cannot find my original sales reciept with the extendend warranty attached.  Is there anyway that Best Buy would have me in their files for having purchased an HP with an extended warranty?  Should I get in call the Best Buy store in Miami where I purchased it?  Would I be able to take it to a Best Buy in another state?

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Andrea McGarvie

Re: valid extended warranty?

That depends, if your just reformatting from the built in program like my friend did, it won't do much. I used to do it all the time on my Dell. It did the same exact thing. So I finally got ahold of a copy of Windows XP Home Edition, booted from the CD, and did a COMPLETE Hard Drive Format. Sure enough, it worked perfectly from there on out. But your best bet if you don't want to spend an extra $100, then just take it to your local Best Buy store, and take it to the Geek Squad counter.

Hope this helps!