Add Product

Search Results:

upgrade from windows 10 to mac

Hello I dont know if mac pro is better or air anyhow I was apporoved to get a new laptop or desk tom I am looking into mac does any one have suggestions I only use for personal like chatting on face book twitter and emails . also does the apple macs pro or air have cd rom? thanks 

Apple tablet

Hi I got 6 gen here if I decide to get a up grade for another tablet what shell I go for that is compatable to my case I got for 5th gen and 6 gen key board thanks? 

Apple pro or air printing

does any one know how to hook printer up to the laptop or desk top I am so use to windows OS not IOS what ever this is thanks I have Brother L2710 L2700 thanks 

Topics: 1,254
Kudos: 693
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 301

Re: Apple pro or air printing

On the Mac since the new units either ship with OS Catalina or OS Big Sur you want to make sure the software and the printers you get are compatible with it. If you're in doubt you can go to the manufacturers driver site to take a peek to check compatibility.

Some units are so thin and portable and they do not contain the DVD Drive.

Typically the basic printer functionality could be avaiable if the printer is Wifi and is on the same network as the Mac connected so you can wirelessly print without doing much configuration. You can always get an external Superdrive for the Mac. I am unsure if PC DVD Rom units work with reading Mac disks so its good to research.

Sorry I am more of a PC person but barely know about the Mac.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Valued Contributor

Re: upgrade from windows 10 to mac

Also make sure any other software you need is mac compatible. A bunch of office type software has no mac version
Topics: 1,254
Kudos: 693
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 301

Re: upgrade from windows 10 to mac

Correct but you can also consider alternatives such as Open Office and Libre Office (which is my favorite) to work with your word processing and spreadsheet needs as it's free.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***