Add Product

Search Results:

upgrade HP Pavilion 15-cu0071nr memory slot

Hi All,

I would like to buy this brand of HP Pavilion 15-cu0071nr machine and I would like to know how much expansion slot is there on this machine? At the base when I look at the references of the machine it comes with 8 GB RAM, is it possible for me to add 8 GB additional by integrating it on the second slot or there is only one slot extension on this machine?

Regards.

Trusted Contributor

Re: upgrade HP Pavilion 15-cu0071nr memory slot

I do not believe this computer can have its RAM expanded. I searched a number of locations and can find no reference to doing so.

However, to be perfecly honest more RAM may not do you much good. This is a productivity computer for work or school, or Internet use.  Most computer programs are built around the idea of 8 GB of RAM or less and may not make use of more RAM in any event.  The exceptions would be for photo editing or rendering of photos.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

I am showing that this computer has two SODIMM slots but HP specifies this computer is non-upgradeable by the consumer.

This typically means that a complete disassembly is required to add additional memory. It is also worth considering that you may already have two 4 GB sticks in the machine which would require you to purchase two 8 GB sticks of memory to upgrade to 16 GB.

Perhaps you can give us an idea of what you're looking for and I might be able to recommend a different product?

Ok I understood and I think I will opt for it as a precaution

Highlighted

As it comes with 2 slots of RAM of 4 GB each, I will opt perhaps for the purchase of 2 RAM of 8 GB so that it makes 16 GB and resell the previous 8 GB.