Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

upgrade HP Pavilion 15-cu0071nr memory slot

Hi All,

I would like to buy this brand of HP Pavilion 15-cu0071nr machine and I would like to know how much expansion slot is there on this machine? At the base when I look at the references of the machine it comes with 8 GB RAM, is it possible for me to add 8 GB additional by integrating it on the second slot or there is only one slot extension on this machine?

Regards.

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: upgrade HP Pavilion 15-cu0071nr memory slot

I do not believe this computer can have its RAM expanded. I searched a number of locations and can find no reference to doing so.

However, to be perfecly honest more RAM may not do you much good. This is a productivity computer for work or school, or Internet use.  Most computer programs are built around the idea of 8 GB of RAM or less and may not make use of more RAM in any event.  The exceptions would be for photo editing or rendering of photos.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Highlighted

I am showing that this computer has two SODIMM slots but HP specifies this computer is non-upgradeable by the consumer.

This typically means that a complete disassembly is required to add additional memory. It is also worth considering that you may already have two 4 GB sticks in the machine which would require you to purchase two 8 GB sticks of memory to upgrade to 16 GB.

Perhaps you can give us an idea of what you're looking for and I might be able to recommend a different product?

Highlighted

Ok I understood and I think I will opt for it as a precaution

Highlighted

As it comes with 2 slots of RAM of 4 GB each, I will opt perhaps for the purchase of 2 RAM of 8 GB so that it makes 16 GB and resell the previous 8 GB.