Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

tablet for law school?

Hi all - I'm looking for a tablet that can be converted into a laptop that has the following: (1)handwriting to  typed text function or app (2) USB port. (3) is somewhat reasonable priced. Any recommendations?

Highlighted
Topics: 164
Kudos: 178
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 33

Re: tablet for law school?

Hi cuibono,

Welcome to the Bestbuy forums. Finding hte right laptop for you can be a big task and getting one at the right price makes it even tougher sometimes but let's work together here and hopefully we can find something that is ideal for your purpose.

You did say within reason but didn't give an actual price range so I have collected a couple of personal favorites together by varying degrees of price and I will explain why on each.

Let me start off by saying that there is a software you can get by Microsoft called Microsoft OneNote that can transcribe handwritten notes via touch screen. I honestly don't know or aware of an app or software that transcribes handwritten text to computerized font though. (There is probably something in the Apple Store)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-x360-2-in-1-13-3-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i3-6gb-memor...

This first one is an I3 2n1 and that's why you will have to pay a slightly higher price but trust me it will hlep a great deal versus the intel celerons/pentiums you will find on most cheap laptops/tablet 2n1's.

Alternatively something like this could probably be used

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-x360-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-32gb-em...

I dislike the storage but it is very lightweight so would be ideal for long periods of carrying.

----

I would also suggest checking into some of the Lenovo machines as they are always nice. If you are interested into something more expensive I would suggest something like a MacBook.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.
Highlighted

Re: tablet for law school?

@AWBrown wrote:
Hi cuibono,

Welcome to the Bestbuy forums. Finding hte right laptop for you can be a big task and getting one at the right price makes it even tougher sometimes but let's work together here and hopefully we can find something that is ideal for your purpose.

You did say within reason but didn't give an actual price range so I have collected a couple of personal favorites together by varying degrees of price and I will explain why on each.

Let me start off by saying that there is a software you can get by Microsoft called Microsoft OneNote that can transcribe handwritten notes via touch screen. I honestly don't know or aware of an app or software that transcribes handwritten text to computerized font though. (There is probably something in the Apple Store)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-x360-2-in-1-13-3-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i3-6gb-memor...

This first one is an I3 2n1 and that's why you will have to pay a slightly higher price but trust me it will hlep a great deal versus the intel celerons/pentiums you will find on most cheap laptops/tablet 2n1's.

Alternatively something like this could probably be used

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-x360-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-32gb-em...

I dislike the storage but it is very lightweight so would be ideal for long periods of carrying.

----

I would also suggest checking into some of the Lenovo machines as they are always nice. If you are interested into something more expensive I would suggest something like a MacBook.

Thanks so much! This is perfect!