Add Product

Search Results:

pass words

Is there a way to bypass pass word protected comp's. I get old comp's from family and friends when they break down or are tired of them, some have had unknown pass words and I had to scrap the hard drive. I like to mess around with these old comps for fun and try to fix them when possible. This may not be possible ??? if not I'll just keep playing with what I can fix.          Thanks for any help. 

Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: pass words

[ Edited ]
Due to the legality issues surrounding your question on this forum, its not in the best interest of any parties to give out this information. However a Geek Squad Agent can help you in store with these issues with their services if you can legitimately prove you are indeed the ultimate owner of the PC.
Message Edited by hockeycanuckjc on 11-27-2008 07:52 PM
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the info I know there's a lot of security issues thats why I've never tryed in the past most of the comp's I get are old and not worth spending much on. But thanks for the info if someone ever junks a good one worth keeping this is good to know. would I need a bill of sale from them or what?  Thanks 
Message Edited by jeeper on 11-28-2008 07:33 AM

If you are ever junking computers, Theres a lot of Windows User friendly Linux distributions out there that will run a computer just fine most of the time with internet access as long as you have a ethernet port.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

I've been out of the comp's as a hobby for several years (like when screen savers and Z. D. TV was the ticket). Just started back playing agian and I'm lost, but it is still fun. I always wanted a comp with 2 o/s (windows & Linux) in it but never made it ( kid's you know). Looking at buying a new had drive what o/s would you suggest I've always had Micro soft. I would like to have a good gaming comp. to play the new games coming out.

I always liked Knoppix since you can install that to the drive. Its a very friendly OS.

I checked out Knoppix online found Knoppix 5.3.1 and Knoppix 5.1.1 live both dvd's.This is a new world to me but it does sound like a good o/s to add on.

Knoppix is the perfect choice - you do not need a hard drive to run Knoppix it totally loads into ram. However if you have 2+ gbs of ram or higher, you can load Knoppix into system ram and not have it load from the CD.

Thanks for all the info I'll give it a shot, worst case I'll crash another comp won't be the firstSmiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Happy that's why I play with older comp's. Thanks agian for all your help.

No problems, dont forget to come back if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy