Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

making a desktop computer wireless

I have a HP desktop with Windows Vista.  I recently purchased a wireless G Router.  I have had a friend to stay with me, and he brought his desktop computer with him.  Is there anyway we can hook that computer in a different room and make it wireless, or do i have to plug it the the router?  Thanks

Topics: 1,116
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: making a desktop computer wireless

You can install a Wireless G network card into his tower and then enter the router password on his computer and it will connect.

If you really dont care about cost / quality I would go with the Dynex Wireless G PCI Card, I installed it in my mothers computers and had no problem.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Can i hook my playstation 2 to the wireless router

there is no slot to put a PCI Card at

Are you sure of this? Did you actually look inside the tower? If thats the case, you will then need a Wireless USB WiFi adapter.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

haven't looked inside yet.

Highlighted

Cant make the assumption then that you dont have a PCI slot till you look in there Smiley Happy

Dont know what a PCI slot is ? go to www.bustype.com and take a look at them Smiley Happy