Add Product

Search Results:

lesson learned DO NOT BUY COMPUTERS FROM BEST BUY (go to DELL)

It is a nightmare dealing with best buy employees. They lack knowledge , are rude, and just don't give a darn about you or your problem!

My Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop has a minor problem and now I am on week 2 and waiting. Probably will have it fixed by 2009. It has a "Plugged  in /battery not charging issue"

will give more detail later.

place bought:

Best Buy at the Avenues: Southside Blvd.  Jacksonville Fl  (paid $599.00)

Stay away from there!

Topics: 1,485
Kudos: 722
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 319

Re: lesson learned DO NOT BUY COMPUTERS FROM BEST BUY (go to DELL)

Heres the deal with this:

Fully charged batteries stay charged for a certain amount of time on the AC Adapter. After a few days , the laptop battery loses its charge. By default all laptops are not required to charge your AC Adapter unless the power level in the battery reaches below 95%. Otherwise if its plugged in and its anywhere from 95% to 100% its still working  and you will get that message from the taskbar.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Thanks for your imput but mine went to 5% charge and still not go. I jiggled the plug that goes to the side of the laptop and it was way too lose. It seems the plug just isn't the right fit, like it was made for a different computer. They say this is common with dells, but if I only had this thing 2 months, couln't Best Buy find a faster solution for me, like exchanging the charger or the complete laptop.

Oh, but, my bad! I did not pay for their extended warrantee,nor their Geek Squat service, so now they lay it all on Dell and ship via UPS ground and take their sweet time to get this piece of junk repaired.

Topics: 1,485
Kudos: 722
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 319

I hear you on the chargers, those are a pain in the you know what to replace. Sometimes theres after market ones you can buy but getting the correct wattage, voltage and plug size is an even bigger pain.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

They are all just as bad - stay away from all of them.

You are absolutely correct - buy directly from Dell or Apple.

I'm afraid you will be lucky if you get your computer back in one piece and working at all.

UPDATE:

12/10/08 6:02pm Final Inspection, Awaiting Shipment Product is ready for final inspection

12/10/08 3:24pm Parts Received Parts have been received and product is being repaired

12/10/08 10:20am In Repair Product has been assigned to a Geek Squad Agent or a certified technician for repair or upgrade

12/03/08 4:46pm Checked In Product has been checked in and is awaiting shipment

So now it seems like they are repairing it in-store. I wonder what follows...

[ Edited ]

LATEST UPDATE:

Chatted online with Geek Squad:

9:47 AM] Agent Pejerrey says: This session may be recorded for quality and monitoring purposes.  Happy holidays and thank you for contacting Geek Squad Chat.  This is Agent Pejerrey how may I help you?
[9:47 AM] federico says: Service Order Number : 00000000000000000

[9:48 AM] federico says: 12/10/08 6:02pm Final Inspection, Awaiting Shipment Product is ready for final inspection and shipment

[9:48 AM] Agent Pejerrey says: Are you wanting to check on the status of your repair on your computer?
[9:49 AM] federico says: yes sir. I am alittle confused by the differnet information provided by the BB Geek Squad in the past 7 days
[9:49 AM] Agent Pejerrey says:  No problem.   In order to better assist you, may I have your home phone number, first and last name,  home address and for security purposes, can I have your email address please?
[9:51 AM] federico says: 904***-**** f*****  ****e 1************ dr E  FL ******
takes about 5 minutes after I give the info
9:54 AM] Agent Pejerrey says: What the information I am getting is that your computer has been repaired but is waiting on a final inspection to make sure everything is working properly then it will be shipped back to the store for you to pick it up?
[9:55 AM] federico says: so it is not at the store?

[9:56 AM] Agent Pejerrey says: That is correct.  Not yet.  They will notify you when it is at that store.
[9:57 AM] federico says: how do you explain that on 12/10/08 it was assigned to a Geek Squad agent. parts where received that same day and it is awaiting shipment. I was told they were shipping to Louisville KY
[9:59 AM] Agent Pejerrey says: Apparently they were able to get the part in as soon as they put the request in.  So it was fixed that same day.
[10:00 AM] federico says: I understad that the store I left it at has its own Geek technicians, they sd they were sending this laptop out to Dell, I don't see this has happened. it seem that it was an in-house repair by the Geek Squad
[10:01 AM] Agent Pejerrey says: What I would recommend you do is to contact the store to discuss this with them further.  The only information I can give you is what you see online.  The store would have more details on the repair. 
[10:02 AM] federico says: Unfortunately at the store they don't even know how to tie their shoelaces
10:03 AM] Agent Pejerrey says: I am sorry about the miss information that the store gave you.  What you can do is ask to speak to the manager at the Geek Squad Counter to discuss this with the.
0:04 AM] federico says: okay thanks
[10:04 AM] Agent Pejerrey says: If you have any other questions or concerns please dont hesitate to call us at 800-433-5778 or visit us on our website. Thank you. Have a good day and have a wonderful holiday.

Message Edited by ubis13 on 12-11-2008 09:18 AM
Recognized Member

@ubis13 wrote:

Oh, but, my bad! I did not pay for their extended warrantee,nor their Geek Squat service, so now they lay it all on Dell and ship via UPS ground and take their sweet time to get this piece of junk repaired.

so i guess this is your fault for "no i do not want to spend the extra money for better service, i want to rely on the manufacture warranty."

so i  guess is dell does not know what the f*** they're doing and it's taking dell a long time to fix ur computer, not best buy.

U_hsen

Seriously...

how much does Best Buy pay you to write your irritating posts?

Recognized Member

nah i do it for fun. trying to make people guilty of people trying to go cheap, don't buy their warranties, and try to cry about how best buy mistreated them.