Add Product

Search Results:

laptops

Hello,

I am wanting to buy a new laptop but I want it to wirelessly transfer data to my flat Screen tv.  Is this at all possible?  I want to be able to watch my recorded shows from my laptop on my tv and I also want to be able to check my e-mail using the tv as my monitor.  If any ideas please help.

Topics: 112
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 17

Re: laptops

[ Edited ]

Hi lastone11!

First, you might want to check out the following:

Apple - TV™

IOGEAR - Wireless USB VGA Kit

I am unsure of your TV specifications and connectors available. The Apple TV may require extra adapter depending on the TV connections. The IOGEAR Wireless USB VGA Kit is for VGA input to your TV with a USB adapter into your laptop.  

The alternative is to purchase a laptop (or desktop) with HDMI output and run a cable to the TV.  Then you may use a wireless keyboard an mouse with your laptop (which is set off to the side or used as dual-display so you can watch your shows on the TV and check email on the laptop screen at the same time.  HDMI is going to yield higher quality video to an HDTV, but ultimately the quality will depend on your video file resolution.

Anyone have other ideas?

Message Edited by Matthew-GS on 12-26-2008 11:16 AM
Matthew|Community Advocate | Best Buy® CorporateVisit our Channel on

Yeah I have thought about that option, and I just was hoping I could get away with less wires and such.  Have you heard anything about the GWB - 4000? 
Topics: 112
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 17

lastone11,

I don't believe we carry this product.  If you are looking for composit video as input to your TV, then this would work.  Remember, composit video does not look spectacular on an HDTV. You would still need to run a VGA cable from the laptop video out to the box.  Would the IOGEAR listed earlier work better for what you want to accomplish?

Matthew|Community Advocate | Best Buy® CorporateVisit our Channel on

Ok so...what would be a really awesome wireless keyboard with the mouse built into it? (for a reasonal price)
Recognized Member

What was the second one?  The link said there were no matches.