Add Product

Search Results:

iPad 6 or Microsoft Surface pro

I am a graphic design major and I’m looking for a tablet that will be good for digital art and graphic design. I cannot decide between these because I don’t want to spend a lot but I want something that will last quite a while. I like the iPad price but like the surface pro because it can support adobe products. Adobe is also expensive so I’m not sure when I’ll even be able to buy those apps. So really I just need something that is great for creating and editing digital art.
Emerging Expert

Re: iPad 6 or Microsoft Surface pro

Truthfullly it will be the software that is more important than the tablet.

What do your instructors recommend?

Personally I think your best bet for Graphic Design would be a desktop computer

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Well I need something o can take on the go
Recognized Member

I think, as pointed out earlier, it will all boils down to OS. The Surface Pro runs full blown Windows 10. The iPad currently runs iOS, but, Apple is going to release an OS designed specifically for the iPad "ipadOS". I, personally, like Microsoft Surface devices, but, I can't speak for anyone else but myself. Smiley Happy

Emerging Expert

Truthfullly most serious commercial graphic design is going to done in a sold desktop environment with a nice big monitor.

For portable work and presetations to clients you need to determine what software your going to use and then decide on a platform.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Emerging Expert

I have no desire to own an iPhone or Apple Notebook.

But I do have an iPad and I feel they make superior tablets. 

That being said, the Microsoft Surface Pro, one of the significant basics that the Surface was built around was what you want to do with it.

I think you would greatly benefit from the larger display.