Add Product

Search Results:

iPad (3rd generation) falls out of Zagg Keyboard Case

I purchased the Logitech keyboard case by Zagg back when I got my 3rd generation iPad.  For a while, I thought it was great and used it all the time when I wanted to do some rapid typing.  These days, the iPad is always falling out of the slot where it stands up.  I'm wondering if the plastic in the slot just got warped over time.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: iPad (3rd generation) falls out of Zagg Keyboard Case

I love my Logitech/Zagg case.  No problems with it falling out.  I walk around with the iPad in the slot going from meeting to meeting, floor to floor.

I do have a protective skin on my iPad and the pressure from the slot causes the skin peel.... I just put some scotch tape at the corners to minimize problems.

Valued Contributor

The Zagg Keybaord case is pretty durable, and fits the 3rd gen iPad like a glove.  I also do not have any issues with mine, especially the issue you describe.

I would guess that you treat your iPad in the case fairly roughly.  I can't imagine any other reason that would cause the issue you are having. 

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!

Maybe I just happened to get a defective one and I'm the only one having this issue.  Zagg is sending me a replacement, so I will see if the new one is any better.

I have been trying out some other keyboard cases after I started seeing issues with mine, and the Logitech Ultrathin Keboard Cover seems to be a great product.

Model: 920-004013 | SKU: 4974041

Start typing with ease with your Apple iPad 2 or iPad (3rd Generation) using this Logitech 920-004013 keyboard that features Bluetooth technology for a simple wireless connection to your iPad and 121 keys for fast, accurate data entry.

Sale: $99.99

It's really easy to get the iPad in and out of the case compared to the Zagg case.  I suppose that's because it's a cover and not a case.  Also, the iPad is held in place in the stand-up slot by the smart cover magents inside the iPad.  Since I'm always taking my iPad in and out of it's case, that might be a better option for me. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It tough to remove the Zagg when new, but after awile it gets easier.

Keep in mind the Ultrathin is held by magnets on one side.  So it will more likely open up when you don't want it to.  Remember to not grip the iPad by the Ultrathin.  A common mistake with smartcover accidents as the magnets detach from the weight and then the iPad hits the floor.

I have had the exact same issue!  I actually am looking for a solution.  It never used to slip, but now happens all the time, and it is getting very annoying.  

Highlighted

My Zagg keyboard flopped off after 10 months of use. The first Zaggmate for iPad 1 performed flawlessly for 4 years. With iPad Air, I ordered a new Zagg keyboard and it failed to perform with the same quality as the original Zagg-Mate. Zagg customer service has replaced the keyboard at least 5 times over a two year period. Generous cutomer service, no complaints with the way I was treated. The problem is the product design. Initially, the keyboard had problems with the new keyboard related to performance of keys-double typos, incorrect keys typed on document or failed to type. Now after 10 months with the most recently sent replacement, the keyboard flops off and won't stay attached even for one second. I've communicated each time about the problem with Zagg and with a note that a redesign is needed. I did send a note to Zagg regarding the most recent problem with the keyboard attachment issue; other than a routine return email, I didn't receive (or expect) a reply. It's time to switch to another brand. Today I ordered the brand keyboard for iPad that research has shown to out-perform other brands. Zagg failed to make the list in these studies.