Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

i need more ram

i talked to you guys a while ago and u said i needed kingston 4gb ddr3l 1333MHz - Multi ram but i cant find it on your website

Highlighted
Topics: 1,117
Kudos: 557
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: i need more ram

Was this on the forums or was this on the phone or in store? Genrerally speaking, the OEM usually reccomends a specific brand for optimal performance but as long as you have the right type it should work.

I've even bought ram before where the bus speed did not match what was supported on my motherboard but it downclocked it to something more compatible and worked just fine.

May want to get extra opinions here from other members as well.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: i need more ram

It does not have to be Kingston.  You should be able to use DDR3 SDRAM 1333 regardless of brand.

Unless there was something particular about your specific build.

It does not look like BB carries Kingston RAM

PNY - 4GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module

• Model: MN4096SD3-1333
  • SKU: 3779273

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.