Add Product

Search Results:

help wiping ssd from basic admin command prompt

I recemtly got a very nasty virus that renders my computer almost completly usless. when i login the first thing that pops up is a screen that all you can access is command prompt. so if anyone knows how to wipe a solid state drive from basic command prompt that would be helpful.

my solid state drive is a kingston 120 gb

Recognized Member

Re: help wiping ssd from basic admin command prompt

@jaredotcom wrote:

I recemtly got a very nasty virus that renders my computer almost completly usless. when i login the first thing that pops up is a screen that all you can access is command prompt. so if anyone knows how to wipe a solid state drive from basic command prompt that would be helpful.

my solid state drive is a kingston 120 gb

You can use DISKPART. Warning though this will DELETE EVERYTHING on the drive. Make sure you select the right disk. You'll have to reformat the drive after.

How to Diskpart Erase/Clean a Drive Through the Command Prompt

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/005929en

Topics: 1,114
Kudos: 755
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: help wiping ssd from basic admin command prompt

Does your computer have a recovery partition or did that get affected as well? You can clean install from a Windows OS disk but keep in mind that the format is only a quick format from the boot interface and you will most likely need to use a third party utility to clear this up.

Best Buy does sell some Antivirus packages where you can boot the installation disk in the package to Windows when you can't get in due to a virus.

T

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***