Add Product

Search Results:

cords????

I have a Toshiba laptop and a Phillips flat screen television. The television has ports for HDMI hook-ups and the laptop has no HDMI ports. Can anyone tell me what cord I need to hook the laptop to the television to view Netflix?

Topics: 329
Kudos: 149
Solutions: 606

Re: cords????

Does the t.v. have a vga port? Post your t.v. model and laptop model.

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.

My tv is a Phillips flat screen Model #47PFL6704D/F7....DIVX....Full HD-1080P. The laptop is a Toshiba Model # Satellite L550 Series. As far as I know the tv has no VGA port. On the laptop there is a HDMI Out Port, Network Port, eSATS/USB Combo Port, (2) USB Ports, RGB (monitor) Port and a Modem Port. I really appreciate all your help.

Contributor

you are contradicting yourself.

you said first that the laptop has no hdmi ports
but then you say the laptop has an HDMI port.

If both have HDMI you just need an HDMI cable.
I like things that go beep

I am sorry I was looking at the paper diagram that come with the computer because I could not see the Ports on the computer. I found my magnifying glass and took a closer look and there is NO HDMI Ports on the computer. The diagram is listing * Available on certain models.

Contributor

does it have a VGA port? That model should have one if it does you can get a vgA to HDMI cable

if it had no vga and no hdmi then you will need a USB video card with hdmi, dvi or vga out.
Topics: 292
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 81

Here is the TV:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/47pfl6704d_f7/47pfl6704d_f7_pss_aen.pdf

It does not have a PC Input. 

Solution: This kit.

Model: VGAHD2HDMI | SKU: 9713441

This video converter converts an analog RCA audio signal and VGA video to a single HDMI cable for viewing multimedia content from your computer on your HDTV.

Sale: $126.99

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox
Contributor

why would she need a $130 device when all she needs is a VGA to HDMI cable.

VGA from her notebook and HDMI for her laptop. Her latop should have VGA.

Where if she looks in the right place she can buy for under $10

Sorry michaelhwg but that will most likely not work. VGA is an analog signal most video cards except workstation graphics cards will not output a digital signal over VGA. The converter s necessary to make it work. Another thing to note is that the VGA connection does not output sound. If you have an audio system you could use another connection or your tv may allow you to assign a stereo audio input to an hdmi video input but few models will do this.
Justin
++++++++++++++++
Although I am an employee of Best Buy, my comments and opinions are my own and do NOT necessarily reflect the opinions of the Best Buy Company.
Contributor

I disagree. VGA to HDMI will work fine yes no sound but there are other options for that like using a 3.5 mm audio cable to optical in (if the TV has optical in)

VGA can deliver HD. In fact there are some who would argue VGA picture quality can be just as good if not better than what is delivered by HDMI.

For audio if the op isn't happy using the notebook speakers they can use a 3.5 mm audio cable from the notebook to the entertainment center aux or optical in.

The $130 option in my opinion is the most expensive option why spend $130 when you can spend less than $30 on the cables alone?