Add Product

Search Results:

budget gaming.... kinda

I'm looking for a computer that will be good for gaming... mainly WoW. i dont wanna pay too much so most legit gaming computers are pretty much out of the question. i just want something that will provide good performance and decent upgradable capabilities (graphic cards, RAM,... etc). just looking for opinions and pricing if you know it. please and thank you Smiley Happy

Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Re: budget gaming.... kinda

If you're talking desktop, and already have a monitor, then $500 will get you a decent WoW machine.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

yea i have a monitor and keyboard and what not just looking for an upgrade on a tower really. i play on a laptop right now and it works fairly well but getting tired of less than 20 fps. if you have any specific desktops in mind. ill take any opinions.

Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

What's your max price including tax?

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

rather not go too far above 800ish

Try the Asus cm1630-05 from Best Buy.. its under $500 clams and you can really do some decent upgrades to this unit. Look it up... you will see what I mean.

With eight-hundred, you could get a great gaming PC. (Go for custom!) I got mine for about four-hundred and fifty bucks, and I can run Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare, Crysis, and WoW (amongst other popular titles) on their highest settings, perfectly.

Don't limit yourself by purchasing a factory-made build, with $800 you could gow barebones and build a great one yourself! Or go to iBuyPower.com, TigerDirect, CompUSA, or Newegg if you're too lazy. xD

I thought about getting a custom one but im just not too computer savy. i know the basics but when it comes to brand names and what parts are the best im almost clueless. lol thats the only problem with that