Add Product

Search Results:

Windows updated my audio device driver and screwed everything up...

Windows decided to randomly install an updated driver today for my device (logitech F540) and replace it with a "UAC3556B" driver. Of course...it doesn't work. now windows is turning the default audio device volume to 100%. trying to turn it down results in it just slowly go back up again. muting the device results in it being unmuted. simply disabling the UAC3556B device in the device manager still results in this happening. i have to physically unplug the device from the system to regain volume control.

how do I get rid of this driver and go back to the proper one? logitech website does not list any downloads/drivers for this device so I can't just reinstall another driver. they have instead relying on windows to supply drivers.

Emerging Expert

Re: Windows updated my audio device driver and screwed everything up...

uninstall the driver and download a new driver.

I would suspect it was simply a driver issue. 

Also you could consider installing Logitec Gaming Software.  It will help you maintain your Logitec hardware 

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025298053

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Topics: 1,116
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Can't you go into the device manager or System Restore and do a Driver Rollback? Windows is supposed to make changes every time you install something big like this , and yes it's a big deal.

I did some changes to see where system restore is in Windows 10 and its a bit of a you know what to find it.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

System restore is a windows 7 thing, it's off by default in Windows 10. Type "system restore" in Cortana to find it. "Rollback driver" should work thru device manager whether system. Restore is turned on or not thou.
Windows 10 has something cool called "previous versions" you right click on nearly any file and can restore it to an earlier copy. Works best when you designate a back up device. Even restores files encrypted by ransomware.