Add Product

Search Results:

Topics: 1,690
Kudos: 843
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 338
Accepted Solution

Windows Vista, why does a majority of users despise of it?

Ever since I bought that Emachines EL1200 tower with the AMD Athlon 64 chip inside, I installed Vista Business from my School. What I was impressed with was the fact that the motherboard was an nForce board and all its parts were natively supported in Vista with no driver installation neccesary. Additional Vista updates these drivers with proper drivers from the manufacturer through Windows Update and doesnt use generic "MS" drivers.

I may only have 1gb of ram but man it runs like a champ! No crashes or instability. Programs dont take too much more time to load then XP did. I can run Aero because I scored a 3.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Recognized Member

Re: Windows Vista, why does a majority of users despise of it?

I hate Vista, i tried to install it on my Pentium 2 400mhz system and it won't install. Smiley Happy

heyo there i have vista also...I FREAKING LOVE IT idk what the comotion is with all this people is so user friendy..sumtimes even to user friendly for me...and plus all you vista haters Windows 7 is working on a relese date

Well...unfortunately, I work with a lot of different businesses and probably 99% of them are not on Vista.  The ERP software that I support is not supported by Vista yet.  Other than that, the new laptop I bought had Vista on it and it lasted less than a day before I yanked it off.  Why don't I like it?  Because it is slow to me and still not quite there yet.  And, yes, you do occasionally still have to download drivers, even in Vista, but that will always be the case.  Sometimes drivers, etc., are put out there and not all of the kinks are worked out.  There are so many variables to cover when coding something like that and it will never be 100%.  I don't ever rely on MicroSoft for my drivers...I go to the manufacturer's website for my individual componetry to get the latest and sometimes MicroSoft is the source, even then.  Some people love Vista...people like me hate it.  You will find very few hard core coders who love Vista...believe me, most of my friends are hard core and NONE of them will touch Vista.  I don't want software "written" by MicroSoft to tell me what to do or question whether I really want to do what I asked my computer to do.  I will never trust MicroSoft that much.  The way Vista feels is best described as an air bubble gently moving to the surface through water.  Nothing comes instantaneously in Vista.  It FEELS sluggish.  I will stick with the non-Vista format, thank you!  If you are a computer user who is not interested in knowing the ins and outs of a computer, you will probably love Vista.  But if you need to be computer savvy for whatever reason, you will lose a lot of knowledge by using Vista...they try to do EVERTHING for you which eliminates the "need for you to know" how something works.

I think Vista is very nice. Easy to use and it does most of the things for you. I only have one complaint and it is the fact that my old CD's are not compatible with Vista. This needs to be fixed as money is hard to come by now days and we don't need to keep buying everything new to make our computers work. Most of my Cd's are not marked so I don,t know if I can use them or not. How can I know which Cd;s I can use if they are not marked to say which Windows that they are compatible with?
Topics: 1,690
Kudos: 843
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 338

Vista's start menu is absolutely brilliant!

FYI, Which programs are you trying to install?

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Topics: 114
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 17

Agreed, hockeycanuckjc!

I volunteer to teach Senior Citizens how to use computers and those who are buying new computers are reticent to use Vista.  Their eyes light up once we sit down and I show them enhancements such as the start menu, searching, and all kinds of features we explore.

It is our cultural norm to resist change, especially if you have heard bad comments before you try out something new.  Check out the Mojave Experiement website and videos to discover what Microsoft's own reasearch yielded.

“If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.” - Robert Fritz
Matthew|Community Advocate | Best Buy® CorporateVisit our Channel on