Add Product

Search Results:

Windows 8 pricing

I purchased an HP Omni all in one computer from Best buy on June 20, 2012.  According to the ads, I am eligible for an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 for $14.95.  I did not prepay for this option.  Am I still eligible for this?

Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Re: Windows 8 pricing

http://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-US/Home/Faq

This is the best info/page I could find for you.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Topics: 1,806
Kudos: 915
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 351

@graybear41 wrote:

I purchased an HP Omni all in one computer from Best buy on June 20, 2012.  According to the ads, I am eligible for an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 for $14.95.  I did not prepay for this option.  Am I still eligible for this?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/windows-8/upgrade.html

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.

Thanks for supplying the website.  I used it and managed to get Windows 8 for the discounted price.

Now that I have it, I can see that it will take some time to learn how to use it.

If you have Windows 7, I would not recommend changing to Windows 8.  It is a totally different experience.

Thanks again for your help.

graybear41

Topics: 1,806
Kudos: 915
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 351

If you do decide to play around with Windows 8 and need some help with it let me know. I am totally loving the experience. It runs great on my Acer 5250-0468 with 2GB ram. Graphics and browsing is silky smooth.You can also use the desktop just like you did with Windows 8 and much much more.

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.