Add Product

Search Results:

Will undervolting my 2080Ti help with my CPU bottleneck? i7-5820K

I have an i7-5820k and was wondering if lowering the power limit of my 2080ti will help smooth some of the frames or at least decrease the CPU bottleneck I have?

Currently, the CPU is overclocked to 4.5Ghz @ 1.28v running about 77c under load. I've tried disabling hyperthreading, lowering voltages of both CPU and GPU, changing resolution/game fidelity settings, adjusting monitor refresh rates, enabling GSync/vsync options etc.

Can't seem to get stable frames no matter what I do. In every title I play (Fortnite, PUBG, Gears4, even single player titles like Borderlands 1 and 2), frames drop every few seconds to a noticable degree, it's like screen tearing in a sense of both movement/visuals. Any help of the matter would gladly be appreciated or by pointing me in right direction via some already posted articles or tutorials.

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: Will undervolting my 2080Ti help with my CPU bottleneck? i7-5820K

I know  a there a number of people that overclock and don't have an issue.

but overclocking is hard on your hardware.  The process sends more volts through your components which results in degredation of your components.  They are designed around X volts. Not X + ?

Have you tried completly resetting your environment to factory settings?

I assume you exceed the minimum requirements. 

650W is the minimum recommended power supply.

What do you have for a monitor>?

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.