Add Product

Search Results:

What happened to all the tablet laptops?

Hey, just wondering what happened to all the tablets shown on the site and flyers. Seems that they've poofed. Does it mean that BestBuy doesn't carry them anymore? That would be shocking...also quite unbelievable. o.O

Im looking to buy a tablet laptop in a few days and Im wondering if anyone could shed some light on my mystery.

Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Re: What happened to all the tablet laptops?

Based on a search I performed at Best Buy it appears they are not carrying them at the moment.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Seriously, that's kind of hard to believe lol. No BestBuy store having tablet laptops? Well, I guess Ill search elsewhere for now.
Contributor

I believe Vista caused the stores to stop carrying them, as far as I could tell, Vista didn't work with the tablets we were getting in.  I do know you could get them on the Best Buy for business site, which had computers running with Windows XP.

Aww man. I hate going through online stuff, better to be there in person. So there really are no tablet pcs atm? Gracious, lol. Im pretty stumped with finding a store that sells them.
Contributor

@shinghan wrote:
Aww man. I hate going through online stuff, better to be there in person. So there really are no tablet pcs atm? Gracious, lol. Im pretty stumped with finding a store that sells them.

You could go to a Best Buy store and they could talk you through a few of them that are online, and you could purchase it online from the store, and then just have it shipped home, or to the store if you would like Best Buy to do something to it.

Microsoft is at fault here, lol.

Recognized Member

@Sassums wrote:
I believe Vista caused the stores to stop carrying them, as far as I could tell, Vista didn't work with the tablets we were getting in.  I do know you could get them on the Best Buy for business site, which had computers running with Windows XP.

i don't know what u're talking about, i've played with those tablet with vista, hand recognitions, even with paint, it works fully.

i guess we stopped carrying them because of not a lot of people like it, just like the velocities, if they're not popular, or people aren't buying them, they become "online only" through best buy's website

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@u_hsen wrote:

@Sassums wrote:

i don't know what u're talking about, i've played with those tablet with vista, hand recognitions, even with paint, it works fully.

i guess we stopped carrying them because of not a lot of people like it, just like the velocities, if they're not popular, or people aren't buying them, they become "online only" through best buy's website

I believe it depends on the store as well, I know our smaller store doesn't carry as much as larger stores do.

We had a few tablets, but havent seen any since XP, we do have those TouchSmart ones by HP, is that what you are talking about?

Message Edited by Sassums on 12-27-2008 08:40 PM