Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

WHAT THE BEST LAPTOP FOR DOWNLOADING MUSIC AND TRANSFERRING TO AN IPOD..

UNDER 400.00
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: WHAT THE BEST LAPTOP FOR DOWNLOADING MUSIC AND TRANSFERRING TO AN IPOD..

I also am a fan of downloading or ripping music and transferrring it to a music device. 

To be perfeclty honest almost all computers with a Windows Operationg system will work similar in this respect. I know some will say Apple computers are the best for this but in reality it does not make any difference. There are some very inexpensive laptops out there that are more desigend for web and email which you may want to stay away from. But if if uses full on Windows 10 you should be fine.

What is going to be more of a factors for you is your connection speed to the internet and the connection going to your iPad and the size of your hard drive.  The average smallest HDD's are 500 GB these days. You can fit many thousands of music files on a 500 GB HDD.  

Though in truth many single music files are not terribly large.  Most laptops for sale today will support a very good wi-fi connection.

Your best bet when doing a lot of downloading is to connect diretly to your router with an ethernet cable but his is not always practical.

If you experience singnificant lag time you may want to consider upgrading your router.

The other thing you may want to look for in a laptop is a USB 3 connector.  This will effect how fast you can transfer to an iPod.  Though once agian music files are really not that huge so even if you don't have USB 3 it is not an issue.  Though the initial transfer may take some time if you have a lot of files.

I think this HP Laptop would suit your needs nice. It even has a nice DVD burner for backup of your music. Though personaly I use USB jump drives.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.