Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Video Cards and S-Video

I'm interested with hooking my computer up with S-video so I'm able to watch movies from my computer on my tv. My computer dosen't have an S-video outlet (my tv dosen't either- but my VHS/DVD recorder does), so I'd have to buy a video card and get it installed.

My question is; is a video card what I need, could best buy install this for me and what do you think the price range might be? Thanks!

--Jessica

Highlighted
Trusted Member

Re: Video Cards and S-Video

[ Edited ]

Yes, if you are trying to connect your PC to your TV using S-video, you will need a video card that has an S-video output.  You can buy a video card at any local BB, and the prices depend on which video card you purchase.  Since your only buying this card for S-video, I reccommend the cheapest card available in your local BB store.  Any card with an S-video will work.

The Geek Squad can install your video card for a $49.99 Hardware Installation, and it should take them about 30 minutes.

It will probably be around $100 for the card + installation.

Also, make sure the video card is compatable with your PC, ask a GS agent to take a look at your motherboard to figure out what type of video card you need.

Message Edited by Noob on 12-17-2008 11:38 AM