Add Product

Search Results:

Topics: 1,531
Kudos: 748
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Tip : Your Norton 360 Trial on your computer doesnt require a Norton account.

[ Edited ]
For those people who give Norton 360 a try that was preinstalled on their computer as a 60 day subscription service do not need a Norton Account in order to utilize their 60 days. When it asks you to enter your password and email  dont enter anything, just hit next 3 times, and after the 3rd time, your product is activated for 60 days.
Message Edited by hockeycanuckjc on 11-24-2008 03:06 PM
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Topics: 114
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 17

Re: Tip : Your Norton 360 Trial on your computer doesnt require a Norton account.

Thank you, hockeycanuckjc.

My experience has been that there are benefits to registering your software, even trial-software. It is true you can bypass the registration to activate the trial version. I have found many people prefer a fully licensed version and only a few times was I asked to activate Norton 360 Trial. To these customers I strongly suggested completing the registration process. Updates are critical to effectively preventing malware and I seem to recall that Norton 360 does require registration to receive updates. Therefore, skipping this part of installation seems convenient but doing so may only
prevent updates and provide a false sense of security.
Matthew|Community Advocate | Best Buy® CorporateVisit our Channel on

Re: Tip : Your Norton 360 Trial on your computer doesnt require a Norton account.

norton is probably one of the worst antivirus softwares on the market, it tends to slow your computer way down. i recommend trend micro or kaspersky.

webroot spysweek is pretty sweet too