Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Selling used for New?

Does BB ever sell a used laptop as new?,The reason I am asking is I just bought a new HP laptop on 5/20/12 and noticed that there were windows updates on 2/12 and 3/12 is this saptop new or a return?

Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Re: Selling used for New?

Did you have the system setup for you? Or did you pay for setup services?

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

Erm, actually, it's very possible that 3/12 was before it left the manufacturer.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

I did not pay for any services, I was just wondering because of those dates  in the update log

That's over 2 months ago, it's very possible that those updates were factory installed. Were the seals on the box broken?

I was wondering the same thing. I recently purchased a Samsung laptop, and there is an existing user account, which of course, I cannot delete. Would this be a factory oversight?

What was the account named?

It's named: Harinder Dhaliwal

That is... odd. Was it an open box item?

Vendor Participant

rt4x4, thanks for purchasing an HP computer.  What is the status of your inquiry?   
Priscilla, HP Social Media Ambassador