Add Product

Search Results:

Screen mirroring

My laptop and TV are connected by HDMI, where do I find the settings that will allows me to choose whether I want I want the TV to mirror the laptop or show something different etc.
Emerging Expert

Re: Screen mirroring

If you look at the top row of buttons on your keyboard you  should find the "F" Keys.  

One of the keys may have an icon that looks like two monitors that are interlaced.Or it might have an icon of a single monitor.  Often 8it is the F5 or  F6 key.  It may vary from keyboard to keyboard.  It may look like two rectangles over lapping each other or a single rectangle

Also the icon may be a different color than the rest of the keys letters.

Say the icon is blue. Now look for another button on the lower left of your keyboard that is the same and may have the words FN in it.  Even if it is not a different color you will want to look for the FN key.

With your cables pluged in hold down the FN key and press and release the key with rectangle(s) on it.

It may take a few seconds for the displays to change so don' t press it again right away but wait for a little while.

The first time you press it the displays will most likely be the same, after it sets you can press it again and it may change to TV only or Laptop Only or Separate Displays. Just keep doing it until you get the display you want.

You can also do it by accessing the display properties.  However this varies from operating sytem to operating system.

To find it press the Windows button on your keyboard.  A little window should pop up with an area to search.

Type in Display wihtout pressing the enter button

A dialog should appear, Under the heading of Conrtol Panel there may be several results

One of them should be Connect to an external display (or something similar)

Here you can graphically manipulate the displays.

I would recommend trying the first method first.  Then when you unplug the HDMI from your laptop the computer should automatically revert to single display.  then when you plug the HDMI back in it may save the display setting to automatically be a second monitor.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thanks brother, problem solved
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Good to hear

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.