Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Returning Open Laptop

Two days ago I recently purchased a new laptop. At the time I was told that a battery for my old one would cost $100. Upon returning home, I opened my laptop box to show my mother and took the plastic off, but never turned it on, and afterward put it back in the box. Now when I look on the bestbuy website, a battery would have only cost $40. Can I return the laptop I purchased if it is in the 14 day period and not pay a restocking fee! HELP!

Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Re: Returning Open Laptop

Yes you can, and there's no restocking fees on laptops at all now.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

alright, even though the back of my reciept says there is a 15% restocking fee?
Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Yup. That store must have had a stockpile of the older receipt paper.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

thanks! they let me return it without a problem!