Add Product

Search Results:

Restoring Office Software from Failed Laptop

I purchased a Toshiba laptop Nov 2014. The harddrive crashed and I had to get a new hard-drive and install recovery software from Toshiba. I had Office2010 on the laptop when I purchased it, how do I get the product key to reinstall? Toshiba directed me to Best Buy or Microsoft. I contacted Microsoft and they said to contact the vendor so now I'm trying Best Buy since I got the runaround from the other two.  Can someone help me in this matter?

Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: Restoring Office Software from Failed Laptop

Where did you purchase the product?

Normally if you go here: https://products.office.com/en-US/download-back-up-restore-microsoft-office-products?ms.officeurl=ba...

You can get a legal backup copy of your software if you have the correct genuine key. But since you don't have the key, that would be a different story.

If you tell us where you purchased it, I may be able to do some further research to get you in the right direction.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

From Best Buy in Taulatin OR, I have it listed on my purchase history.

And you don't have the key for it in your download account? It could be a Digital River fulfillment, if anything else.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

what is a digital river fulfilment?

Highlighted

Digital River is a third party company that is used by many companies to fulfill digital downloads without having to store the content on the businesses server.