Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Reinstalling software

My Vista os crashed and I'm reinstalling everything BUT I cannot find MS Works in the backup disks and I don't think that I get a disc when I bought the desktop a year ago. I've looked at the original sales receipt and I think it says package 127920 (time & heat).

Was MS Works a preinstalled software?

Re: Reinstalling software

MS works us preintalled on most newer computers and dont come with a re install disc...so basicly your skrewed...srry
Topics: 1,703
Kudos: 859
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 339

Mind telling us the brand of laptop? The regular system recovery process already has application restoration built into the software.

On my eMachines desktop, the Application Recovery Disc has the reinstallation for this program.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

It's a Gateway desktop. How do  you get to the system recovery when totally reinstalling. The recovery drive says that it's 856 MB free of 10.3 GB What am I supposed to do now?

Recognized Member

Not familiar with gateway, but most likely system recovery would be under Start> Programs> Gateway or System recovery.

To make sure look at your manual how to do system recovery, if you dont have a manual, try Gateway website and you can dowload it from there.

Bear in mind that doing full system recovery will erase all you documents/ datas/ programs you have manually installed, back-up your personal files first like music, photos etc. before doing the system recovery.

Topics: 1,703
Kudos: 859
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 339

The util to reinstall programs is under an application called Empowering Technology
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Hello,

I may be wrong but I think I know what happened. Gateways come with the Operating system disk, but do not include the applications and drivers disk. You have to burn those using the Gateway Application and Recovery utility that was preinstalled on the system. If you didn't burn them and ran the disk you will have to order them from Gateway. If this is what happened you can call Gateway at 1 (800) 846-2000 according to their website.