Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Razer Blade 14 3070 Ti, Return or Keep?

With all the new 4000 series (MSI 4070 $1,699 per MicroCenter) coming, do you think it's worth returning the Blade 14 3070 Ti? I feel like I will not get a better build at all so it's not worth returning it.  From the initial benchmark scores which I think doens't make sense, the 4070 scores weren't that great compared to the 3070.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Valued Expert

Re: Razer Blade 14 3070 Ti, Return or Keep?

I have a 3080 and I have zero intention of upgrading to a 4000 series. 

The performance on your 3070 is so awesome and you can run all your games at Max settings. I don't see the need to go bigger until the limit for Ultra graphics gets higher.  I am pulling very high fps and I imagine you are as well. 

However, when the 5000 series becomes a thing I may consider it.

One good reason to go with the 4000 series however. I read that they run a lot cooler than the 3000 series. 

When I running on a warm day it can get warm in my room

There are other things may be able to upgrade as well. Like going to 36 gb of ram and higher end monitors 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

I was thinking the same thing.  I think 5000 series will be the time to upgrade as well.  The only thing that is frustrating on the Razer Blade 14 3070 Ti was the 16GB RAM soldered on; but then again, I have no intention of playing 4k games and the closest I'll probably get is when 38" OLED Alienware is released.

Valued Expert

I don't know if hardware and games are truely ready for 4K gaming. 

When I purchased my monitors I went with QHD over UHD.  At the time UHD was a lot more expensive and I had read that they need a lot more robust hardware to perform adequatly, i.e. Bus speed, processor, ram, and GPU. 

I had and RTX 2070 at the time

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.